LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Video export formats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to export from Lightroom to a lossless format?

Once I have exported a timelapse video, I would like to do further editing (e.g. add titles). At the moment, this means I have to encode the video twice.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi, unfortunately Lightroom does not allow for lossless video exports. That's why I made the PRO templates with bitrates up to 120 MBps - they export videos with literally no compression artefacts. If you need to go lossless, just use After Effects. You can import the edited RAW-File image sequences right out of LRTimelapse into After Effects.
(2012-07-19, 13:20)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, unfortunately Lightroom does not allow for lossless video exports. That's why I made the PRO templates with bitrates up to 120 MBps - they export videos with literally no compression artefacts. If you need to go lossless, just use After Effects. You can import the edited RAW-File image sequences right out of LRTimelapse into After Effects.

Thanks, I will try with After Effects.

I haven't really noticed any compression artefacts. I just need to find a faster workflow as I am currently doing:
LRTimelapse > Lightroom > Encode to MP4 > Decode to iMovie (Apple Intermediate Codec) > Encode to MP4
You could as well use an LRT->AE->Premiere or similar Workflow - but I fear time lapse workflows are never exacly fast... ;-)
(2012-07-19, 21:33)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]You could as well use an LRT->AE->Premiere or similar Workflow - but I fear time lapse workflows are never exacly fast... ;-)

Another idea that I've just had (which is slightly off topic, but I think might be useful to other LRTimelapse users): is it possible to concatenate MP4 videos? If I can find a way to do that, I could prepend an intro video to the timelapse without having to re-encode.
I don't know if this is possible - but normally you would like to add some music or make some transitions as well so the normal way would be editing the sequences in a video editing program. If you use the PRO templates, you won't have loss in quality whatsoever.
So how do we change the bitrate when exporting out of Lightroom?
I have the pro templates.
Sorry, you can't. Either use the free templates for low bitrates or use the pro templates for high bit rates!
Sorry, you can't. Either use the free templates for low bitrates or use the pro templates for high bit rates!