LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: corrupted file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther, I have produced a few timelapses from my trip to Sicily, I was surprised after the first one I did, as it came out after rendering as an playable WMP file; I thought that's nice I wont need an external player to view my timelapse, it must be an improvement with the latest upgrade to 5.2.1.

So I continue to produce them but the rest of them, after rendering in LRTL reversed to the original output where you required to use an external player like MPC-HC, then I imported a sequence into VideoStudio Ultimate from Corel to add the final touches, I inserted the sequence in the timeline and the first frame was displayed properly, as you can see in the first attached photo tittle normal; as I press play to scrub the sequence, it garbled all up as you can see on the second photo titled corrupted. They play fine using and external player, obviously not WMP.

The system is a new pc, I though it may be something wrong with it so I brought the transfer the created .mov to the older pc and it is exactly the same when I try to work with them on Video studio.

Any help would be most welcome,

kind regards,

Rodrigo
Hi Rodrigo, most likely you are using export settings, that are out of the specs of mp4, which makes many (not all) players and editors fail. Usually there will be a warning then in the render dialog.
One of the things is to check "force 16:9" - this will make the mp4 much more compatible. Lower resolutions like 4K UHD also increase the chance that your software will be able to handle it.
That's why I recommend MPC player for playback, because it's more robust when playing back Mp4 which are out of the specs.
Hi Gunther, before today, never had any trouble importing into Video Studio, it only started since this new install. I am using Lightroom Classic. Also I notice that after dragging the sequence from LRTL into Lightroom and choosing key-frames it continuous to load further setting or something like that. Will persevere and see if I can find the problem.
Nothing apart from what I've documented in the release notes has changed in the latest release. Nothing regarding video rendering or import.
I just guess, you had smaller files or other settings when exporting previously. Please do some more tests considering my tips.
Eureka!!!!, as Archimedes said (funnily enough he was born in Syracuse, Sicily), the problem happens when in the Gamut setting you choose "Wide (BT 220)"; if you use "Standard (BT 709)" it is fine with VideoStudio.
These file are smalls for my stardars as you well know, ;-) 600 photos at the most, My latest Crane was 9000+ shots. I am using a new combination which is the Canon EOS R and the Tamron 17-35 lens. they have come out nicely.