LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Pro Templates Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi I've also had this issue lr4.1 and lrtimelapse 2beta3. Restarting LR did not help, restarting my Mac solved the problem.

Hope that helped.

Cheers

Hamish
Hello Gunther,

given that this issue is not yet totally resolved I wanted to report some observations that might help. Since our multiple exchanges that did not result in a definitive fix I have been shooting in sRAW1 instead of RAW which reduces the size of the files significantly from RAW being 5616x3744 to sRAW1 that are 3861x2574

This gives me some space for cropping and panning and I have developed dozens of sequences without ever having any error messages. This for NOW has become my daily workflow and it works well but sadly I can't use the full size of my images.

I hope eventually you will find a fix for this bug.

Regards

Jose

UPDATE: I stand corrected, my observation does not hold any hope as it just happened again. It used to happen randomly but quite often, this time I got the error after having done many many sequences using the template 2304p at 24fps and I thought that the issue was resolved by using this template but no.
For absolutly no rationaly reason, smae camera, same settings, nothing special in the files, not HDR, no cropping, the usual regular TL sequence and it stopped towards the end giving me the same error.

I also tried to restart the computer as suggested by another user above but same thing it stopped with the error message. Could only export to video using the 2160p at 24fps template.
I too am having this problem when exporting in 4K. I do think I have found a pattern, well at least in my case. Every time I go through the proccess the first time it works and makes the file fine. If I go back and rewrite any metadata thats when the problem appears. So If I go through the process once and render and then decide I made a mistake, go back through the proccess the error pops up. Even if I delete all the side car metadata files.

Hopefully this will help you find the problem.

(2012-08-02, 12:38)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I just was able to reproduce the issue once. It was a sequence with no crop at all.
After I set a crop to 16:9 I was able to export in 2160p just fine.

Could you please check if that might be the case with your sequence as well?
Thanks for your reply Chris, but I too thought on many occasions (this thread only shows the tip of the iceberg of all the emails that Gunther and I exchanged and every time I thought I had a pattern a few days later my theory was proved wrong. In effect this issue is still pending a resolution and Gunther is doing a wonderful job with continued improvement of his main product. Which is how it should be given we all need it much more then we need the templates (even if we paid them...hahaha) I do not develop a single sequence without processing it thru LRTimelapse. During some time I was pissed off at Gunther for not finding a resolution but it went away as his product makes up for all the issues we have with templates I no longer use anyway.

I have changed my workflow and instead of using the templates I use the After Effects workflow and import the LrTimelapse metadata created to After Effects and generate my sequence there instead of thru LR 4.2. The quality is outstanding, in Apple ProRes422 and I get no crop what so ever. My image is the size I shot it straight from the camera.

Try it you will love it.

Oh and for those who don't know about it (I too thought CS6 was way too expensive) you can now buy a monthly subscription to the whole suite for something like 39$ a month and you have access to all the suite CS6. Unbelievable!!! I have since switched to Premiere Pro also instead of FCP X.

(2012-11-14, 21:32)Chris Multop Wrote: [ -> ]I too am having this problem when exporting in 4K. I do think I have found a pattern, well at least in my case. Every time I go through the proccess the first time it works and makes the file fine. If I go back and rewrite any metadata thats when the problem appears. So If I go through the process once and render and then decide I made a mistake, go back through the proccess the error pops up. Even if I delete all the side car metadata files.

Hopefully this will help you find the problem.

(2012-08-02, 12:38)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I just was able to reproduce the issue once. It was a sequence with no crop at all.
After I set a crop to 16:9 I was able to export in 2160p just fine.

Could you please check if that might be the case with your sequence as well?
Hey guys, I would like to express again that I would do anything to fix this issue if I would see any leverage to do so!
Unfortunately I totally rely on the encoder Adobe provides and I really push it to the limits with what I do with the 3K and 4K templates. Obviously there is a sort of bug in the encoder causing that kind of problems in some occasions. However Adobe by default only provides really, really weak export templates - they might be enough for normal slideshows but they are far, far away from what we are doing. But with the default templates the support from Adobe ends.

What I try to do is tweak the given encoder to allow it to export in cinematic quality. In most of the cases this works really great but sometimes the export fails. The only solution would be to remove the 4K templates from the pack at all - but I would like to avoid that because in most of the cases they work flawlessly. I now added a disclaimer on the description page of the templates.

So - if you find any pattern when this happens and when not, please tell me and I'm going to try further to find a way - but currently I honestly don't have a grip on this. I'm very sorry.
Gunther,

thank you for your honest reply. That's about all we can expect given that you depend so much on Adobe and that much I understand. What really is strange though is the amount of people using your templates (well I am assuming, but perhaps there are not as many as I think) and that only of few lost souls like Chris and I and a few more seem to have problems.

In any event, I will not be able to help with further reports as I switched to After Effects workflow and that solved my problem.

My advice would be for you to outright promote that workflow (LRTimelapse-Lr-After Effects combination) to advanced users and professionals who purchase LRTimelapse and I know there are a lot because I read about it in many forums and on Vimeo. And I am happy to be one of your users. Heck I use it on EVERY sequence even when I think the footage doesn't need it and I know it improves it every time when I see the de-flicker fluctuations and other variations. Not to mention when I want to apply a special graduated effect.

Best regards

Jose

(2012-11-14, 22:27)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I would like to express again that I would do anything to fix this issue if I would see any leverage to do so!
Unfortunately I totally rely on the encoder Adobe provides and I really push it to the limits with what I do with the 3K and 4K templates. Obviously there is a sort of bug in the encoder causing that kind of problems in some occasions. However Adobe only provides really, really weak export templates - they might be enough for normal slideshows. And that's where the support ends.

What I try to do is tweak this to allow for cinematic quality. In most of the cases it works but sometimes not. The only solution would be to remove the 4K templates from the pack - but I would like to avoid that because in many cases they work flawlessly.

So - if you find any pattern when this happens and when not, please tell me and I'm going to try further to find a way - but currently I honestly don't have a grip on this. Sorry.
Hi Jose,
yes, I use After Effects for my bigger projects as well. It allows for uncompressed footage exporting. The nice thing is, that the workflow is basically the same. Anyone that owns After Effects can just import the sequence when finished in LRTimelapse into AE and go on!

The Lightroom approach however is easier and a lot cheaper for people that don't already own After Effects. But you are right: if you really need 4K - AE is the preferred way to go. For quick Full HD exports I still prefer LR and the PRO templates.
Best
Gunther
You're right and so did I but that was before I learned about non cropped images that you can pan and zoom around in them. From that moment on I did not want to create a sequence in HD before throwing into Final Cut Pro and now into Premiere pro. Then once my video is done, I export to HD with my final edit.

The days of not being able to get Adobe suite are almost over, currently until the end of the month you can get it at discounted price of 40% off if you are a switcher from other programs. And renting is is even better because you don't have to capitalize the purchase and can write off the rental expense if you are an independent worker. Which most artists are...;-)

In any event I am a very happy and loyal LRTimelapse user.

(2012-11-14, 23:04)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jose,
yes, I use After Effects for my bigger projects as well. It allows for uncompressed footage exporting. The nice thing is, that the workflow is basically the same. Anyone that owns After Effects can just import the sequence when finished in LRTimelapse into AE and go on!

The Lightroom approach however is easier and a lot cheaper for people that don't already own After Effects. But you are right: if you really need 4K - AE is the preferred way to go. For quick Full HD exports I still prefer LR and the PRO templates.
Best
Gunther
Hey guys I want to make sure you didnt think I was unhappy. I think this is a great product. I've been doing timelapse for a while now and After Effects has been my workflow. I only started using the templates to have less files to deal with and space of course. I just wanted to pass along the pattern that I had seen so I could help in any way.

Keep up the good work! And I would recomend LRTimelapse to anyone!

(2012-11-14, 23:48)JoseAlonsoLeon Wrote: [ -> ]You're right and so did I but that was before I learned about non cropped images that you can pan and zoom around in them. From that moment on I did not want to create a sequence in HD before throwing into Final Cut Pro and now into Premiere pro. Then once my video is done, I export to HD with my final edit.

The days of not being able to get Adobe suite are almost over, currently until the end of the month you can get it at discounted price of 40% off if you are a switcher from other programs. And renting is is even better because you don't have to capitalize the purchase and can write off the rental expense if you are an independent worker. Which most artists are...;-)

Best
Gunther
Ha ha we are both on the same page. LRTimelapse is THE tool to have. I would like to take advantage of having both your attention and ask a question seeing that Gunther and you Chris seem to have been using the AE workflow which is new to me for the last few weeks only that I started using it. Can I ask you what output format you use to retain the full size of your images? I am outputing my clip in the Quicktime, Apple ProRes 422 which creates a file that is always between 1 and 3 gb. I find that a tad heavy and am concerned that eventually I may run out of disk space. The same file generated by the LRTimlapse templates (when they work) is only a few megabits.

Perhaps there is a better module/format to output to but after trying many I could not find one that retains the size of my image. They all try to crop it to match the codec used, for example H.264 will always crop the image to 1920 by the haight of my image so I can never have full width.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jose

(2012-11-15, 16:58)Chris Multop Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys I want to make sure you didnt think I was unhappy. I think this is a great product. I've been doing timelapse for a while now and After Effects has been my workflow. I only started using the templates to have less files to deal with and space of course. I just wanted to pass along the pattern that I had seen so I could help in any way.

Keep up the good work! And I would recomend LRTimelapse to anyone!

(2012-11-14, 23:48)JoseAlonsoLeon Wrote: [ -> ]You're right and so did I but that was before I learned about non cropped images that you can pan and zoom around in them. From that moment on I did not want to create a sequence in HD before throwing into Final Cut Pro and now into Premiere pro. Then once my video is done, I export to HD with my final edit.

Best
Gunther
Pages: 1 2 3