LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: ...help needed to choose intervalometer for holy grail......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have now, finally, got my gear together. BFM PINE R with Modular 4 axis motion Kit, and slider from Dynamicc Perception Stage One..... now, PLEASE, give an options for intervalometer to shoot holy grail..... LRTimelapse Pro Timer 2,5 vs Timelapse+..... or any other.... and a possible to link...how-to-shoot this. Any other gear I need? (QDslrDashboard) do I need this with LRTimelapse ProTimer 2,5????? THANKS
Yes, you will need qDSLRDashboard in combination with the LRT Pro Timer 2.5 to shoot holy grails without having to manually adjust the camera settings. This setup is a very reliable combination together with the motion gear from BFM. The intervalometer is a lightweight and small tool which is very easy to use and qDSLRDashboard can be installed on the smartphone / pad hence not much extra equipment to carry around.

I have never used Timelapse+ and have no direct comparison. The gear is definitively bigger and has more weight. Prior using LRTPT 2.5 I used qDSLRDashboard together with the pixel timer. I prefer the LRTPT 2.5 as in situations where very short intervals are necessary I can reach this aim.
TL+ View is also good, but requires much longer dark times (5-6 seconds) because the device is quite slow. Also you only get a very small preview.

Here is a tutorial where I show how to do it with QDDB and LRTPT: https://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/
Thanks for the reply. I will order LRTPT..... I hope it is in stock, I am in Geneva on the 6th Sept for one day and order that to the hotel there. I am residing in Dubai and the mail system is not very reliable. Thanks guys and thanks Gunther, I will check the link.
www.fotichaestli.ch has the things usually delivered next working day within Switzerland - so you should be fine.
May I ask - why not use the Pine R controller as the intervalometer?