LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Changing intervals during a TL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a question: I want to do a day to night timelapse, and with my 14mm lens i usually have a shutter speed of 20s for milky way photos, which would require quite high interval times. I'm afraid with interval times above 20 seconds the time lapse during daytime will not look very pleasant, would it be an option to change the interval once the night approaches or would you rather just shoot continuosly with the same interval?

Thank you!
Check out the LRT Pro Timer, that's exactly what the interval ramping is for! (it's explained in the faq section!)
https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt
Definitely a very cool gadget, but out of my budget for now, I was just wondering if changing intervals during a timelapse was something people do or not.
Yes. You can also do this with qDslrDashboard (it has a similar feature), but timing is not as accurate there.
Thank you, I tried it out but I have a Sony A7s and it doesn't seem to work properly (I can connect but not control anything, apparently the SmartRemote app doesn't work very well). I guess I'll have to stick with manual adjusting for now :/
Sony A7 works fine. Please use the search feature here in the forum. Lots of users use Sony cameras withoit any problems.
Basically you need to upgrade camera and the wifi app on the camera to the latest version.
Thank you so much for all your answers Smile
I do mainly astrophotography and I'm one of the few lucky guys who still has the old firmware which doesn't contain the "star eater issue", so no updates for me =)