LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Spotlight Leiden - timelapse/hyperlapse city portrait
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 2 years work, my new city portrait of Leiden is online:

https://vimeo.com/366518375

Let me know what you think of it!

Some random statistics:

* Shot at 31 different days with 2 cameras.
* The film consists of 58 timelapse clips, one other film fragment and a dozen or so still images.
* One timelapse was shot in 2015, 6 in 2017, 24 in 2018 and 27 in 2019.
* 17 shots were hyperlapses; 4 were shot on a motion control system.
* The total recorded time is 35,5 hours. The shortest timelapse lasted just under 1,5 minute (cut short by a full memory card); the longest lasted almost 7 hours (luckily at a location were I could leave the camera unguarded).
* The total number of photos is just over 17000.
* Most timelapses were shot with a 10-22mm wide angle lens (well over 11000 photos), with a standard 17-70mm coming in second (4700 photos) and 70-300mm third with some 600 photos.

Further technical details on gear/software are in the video description.
Looks really great!
The transitions are very smooth and nicely done. Do you mind sharing how? Big Grin
Thanks! There's no single technique that I use for transitions; it's all custom work. In general, I work with 3d cameras/layers in AE, often combined with masking, some color changes and sometimes blurring via adjustment layers. Some of the transitions into paintings/film screens are done with subject tracking/screen replacement. If you search for these terms, you should get plenty of tutorials that should get you started Wink
Holy shit, great work!! Those transitions are unreal!
Thank you! I spent a lot more time on those than on shooting itself Wink
I can imagine, but it definitely paid out! Really great job!
Wow, gripping effects. Sometimes I got dizzy from the speed of the transistions... in a enjoyable way.