LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: How much time should it take to initialize metadata?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to LRTimelapse, so I apologize if this question is silly.

How long should it take to initialize metadata? I have a folder with a large number of images (about 5,000), and LRTimelapse is taking a long time to initialize the metadata: The files are Canon SRAW files from a 5D Mark II, and so far LRTimelapse has been initializing the metadata for almost an hour and is only halfway done, according to the progress bar.

My computer is an 8-core 2.8GHz Intel with 8GB of RAM running Mac OS 10.7.4, and handles most other tasks quite fast... I'm afraid something is wrong.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I just noticed in the top right corner of the LRTimelapse2 window that there is a red message that says "Mem free: 0 (see FAQ!)". I wonder if this may be related?
The memory issue is the problem. LRT loads the previews into memory and if you have 5000 images, the memory reserved for Java fills up.
There is however a way to increase it. Please check the following FAQ entry:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...art-on-mac

Just instead of decreasing the Xmx parameter you increase it!
Let me know if there are any questions left.
Okay great. I increased the RAM available to LRT to 6GB by editing the text file, and decreased the preview size to 300x200, so hopefully this will work better now.

Thank you.