LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Problems with LRT and large timelapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using LRTimelapse for the first time with a 5,300-frame timelapse. I know this is a lot, so I increased the amount of RAM available to LRT to 6GB (by altering the text file value to 6144MB), and I decreased the preview size to a tiny 180x120.

Even so, LRT is choking trying to load the previews. When I opened LRT and pointed to the directory in which the 5,300 frames reside, LRT loaded the first couple hundred previews very quickly, then ground to a very slow crawl. Watching its progress, it is now taking over one second per preview loaded (as judged by the values appearing in the "mean" column).

Additionally, according to the memory dialog box in the top right corner, LRT has filled the entire 6GB of allotted RAM... and has only loaded less than a quarter of the image previews!

And this is all with the preview size turned all the way down to 180x120.

Help! Not only is LRT crawling, but it has ground the rest of my computer to a halt as well!
I should add that LRT slowed to a crawl BEFORE it filled the entire 6GB of RAM. It loaded only a couple hundred previews and slowed to a crawl when only about 2GB of RAM was filled, according to the dialog in the top right corner.

At this point, unless there is a fix, LRTimelapse is not usable!
okay, this shouldn't happen. I suggest you restart your computer. Then you should consider that first time loading generates previews. After that is much quicker. That's the reason for the beginning of the sequence losing faster. Apart of this you should definitely consider splitting this large sequence in parts. it doesn't make much sense editing a 5k images sequence in one piece.

That's like adding 100 parallel tracks into premiere pro and saying it's not usable.