LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Skies of the Western U.S. - Highlights of 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After years of using LRT and learning from Gunther's ebook and this great forum, this is my first time posting! Here is my highlight reel of timelapses from 2019:
https://youtu.be/i5aupGdmqLs

We are backpackers/hikers/mountaineers (at least as much as parents of 2 kids can be), so nearly all of these timelapses were set up as part of those adventures rather than dedicated timelapse compositions. While that means I am regularly humbled by the work I see on these boards and elsewhere by your talented creations, I am pleased with what I was able to capture here in some beautiful areas - primarily in Colorado, California, Utah, and Oregon.

The shots were taken with a variety of Sony a7rIII, A6400, and either Laowa 15mm F2, Tamron 17-28 F2.8, Sony Sony 55 F1.8, Sony 70-300, or maybe RX100. Everything was assembled in LRT (sometimes multiple times) and the final project was created in Final Cut.

I would appreciate any feedback -- while I've spent many hours working on timelapses I'm still an amateur and can benefit from your insight!
Well I must say that you've done a remarkable job with a family in tow :-) Now that mine have grown up & gone, I'm still struggling to put something together with just a wife & two dogs!!
The only comment I have is that the individual clips were a little short to take in the magnificent scenery.
I'll be looking forward to some more.
I appreciate the comment! Once I picked the song and started assembling the overall project, I realized I had more footage than I knew what to do with...but your comment is a good lesson that less is more Wink
What version of LRT did you use: private or pro? Is there a significant difference between an 8-bit and a 16-bit video?
Hugebob - I used private, and I can't say if there is a huge difference between 8 and 16 bit...I did keep it at 4K, but didn't export it to 16 bit (I think!)...I shoot compressed raw on my sony cameras, and I'm working on a laptop, and exported it for web sharing at 4K, but then still need to create a reference version from final cut, which will be several gigs, but haven't done that yet. I hope that's helpful!