LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Firmware 2.5 R22 Beta 1 - please test and give feedback!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, here is a first beta of the new firmware 22.

In this release, especially the new and frequently requested mode "Periodic TL" has been added.
Please test and let me know!

• New mode "Periodic TL" which allows you to select the time period of the day during which the timer will shoot periodicly. For example you could choose to shoot from 08am to 6pm each day.
  • Made some cosmetic changes to the user interface.
  • Slave mode will now also trigger a small pixel indicator on the top left of the display (might have to switch to minimal display by turning the knob while shooting to be able to see it)
  • 1 second bulb exposure would not end, fixed.

Update: Beta 2 available now: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-fir...e-feedback
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for getting this out.

Have installed the beta firmware and have set the Period TL for between 6am and 7am tomorrow morning About 9hrs away.

Will let you know how it goes.

Couple of things to though. After I set the time period, a single shot was fired from the camera. not sure why. Also the screensaver has not kicked in (been sitting there for 20mins now).

Cheers,
Chumby
Thanks - the single shot is useful to see, if the camera would release at all - that way you'd notice, if the cable is not connected for example. The screensaver was not yet implemented for the waiting time - I'll see to add it for the next release.
Hi Gunther,
I installed the beta version and here are my observations.
Periodic TL:
After starting the TL, AF and Shot are switched on permanently. (Hence the trigger after the start in the previous reply) while the TL is active, correct triggering. After the TL ends, AF and Shot are switched on again permanently.
Set time span:
When setting the hours + comes after 23, 24 and then 01. When setting - comes 01, 00 24, 23.

Further tests will follow.

Hi Gunther,
ich habe die Beta Version installiert und hier sind meine Beobachtungen.
Periodic TL:
Nach dem Start des TL wird AF und Shot permanent eingeschaltet. (Deshalb auch die Auslösung nach dem Start im vorherigen Reply) während der TL aktiv ist richtige Auslösungen. Nach dem Ende des TL wird AF und Shot wieder permanent eingeschaltet.
Set Time Span:
Bei der Einstellung der Stunden + kommt nach 23, 24 und dann 01. Beim Einstellen – kommt 01, 00 24, 23.

Weitere Tests folgen.

Regards,
Hans
Hi Gunther,
another observation:
Periodic TL settings Time Span: 00: 00-00: 02, interval 2 sec…
After the start, a trigger is made and then the timer stops! See attached picture. However, this error does not always occur. With No of Shots <than can be done in a time span e.g. 30 no problem. With No of Shots> than can be done in a time span e.g. 500 >> error !!

Further tests will follow.

Hi Gunther,

noch eine weitere Beobachtung:
Periodic TL Einstellungen Time Span: 00:00-00:02, Intervall 2 sec …
Nach dem Start wird eine Auslösung gemacht und dann bleibt der Timer stehen! Siehe angehängtes Bild. Allerdings tritt dieser Fehler nicht immer auf. Bei No of Shots < als in einem Time Span gemacht werden können z.B. 30 kein Problem. Bei No of Shots > als in einem Time Span gemacht werden können z.B. 500 >> Fehler!!

Weitere Tests folgen.

Regards,
Hans
Hi Gunther,

The camera fired off the shots in the time period allocated this morning., so that is good. Will check through the images shortly.

After the shots were finished it is still in Periodic TL mode - so I presume it would run again 6am - 7am if I left everything as is?

Cheers
Chumby
Thank you guys. I've made a new beta which should fix the issues you reported. Please let me know in the new thread!
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-fir...e-feedback

@Hans: thanks for your thorough testing! It's sufficient if you write in english in this board...