LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Wrong picture order in exported video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i am using a Cannon EOS 200D,
and i have shot many pictures for one timelapse.

All my pictures are saved with numbers like IMG_0001 and so on.

In this case my camera has passed 10000 picture mark and made a new folder, in which it saves pics from IMG_0001 again.

What happens now is that my sequence has, lets say IMG_4000 - IMG 9999 and then from new folder i have IMG_0001 - IMG_1000.

At first it got me scared that i wont be able to make a video, because it would mix those pictures, but then i loaded my pictures in LRT5
and all the pictures were sorted not by name, but by date and time taken. So i thought that everything is fine, but when my render was complete
i saw that it got mixed. Video wasnt looking like it was sorted by time, but by image names.

Is there something that im missing, or is it a bug?
Is there a way how to maybe avoid it by setting my camera to some other settings?
You need to change the sort order in Lightroom (Gridview (G), Toolbar (T), Sort Order) to Capture Time.
Then export again.
I have just found one solution in LRT5, i went to edit and there was an option to rename with date prefix.
After i did export again, and it worked fine! I will try your solution with my next sequence, because for this one i havent used Lightroom!

Thank you for lightning fast reply!