LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: How does LR timelapse perform the 'Holy Grail?'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st, Thanks Gunther, for your amazing work on LR Timelapse!

I have not even started yet, but had a general question:

I'm curious about how the program works. After coming back to LR the 2nd time, when you Select All and Update the Metadata, what has happened to those non-keyframe images? What parameters have been used to update them? Is it 'Auto Transition' running algorithms to bend the curves toward the middle from each side (i watched the Holy Grail demo)? And if so, what develop settings are used in these calculations? It would be great to understand what's happening there, not just how to do it.
Thanks again.
ML
Hi Mark,
yes "Auto Transition" does the magic. It calculates inbetween values for all parameters considering the keyframes. It makes smooth curves (you can see the curve overlay in the preview panel - by default you see the Exposure curve but you can switch to the other curves as well, I didn't show this in the holy grail video.

All the best
Gunther
Gunther-

It IS Magic, and you should explain this powerful capability more on the site!

Thanks again.
Mark

(2012-08-13, 11:42)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mark,
yes "Auto Transition" does the magic. It calculates inbetween values for all parameters considering the keyframes. It makes smooth curves (you can see the curve overlay in the preview panel - by default you see the Exposure curve but you can switch to the other curves as well, I didn't show this in the holy grail video.

All the best
Gunther