LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: When pressing Auto Transition button, all keyframe edits are lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a strange thing happen when I press the Auto Transition button in LRT. I will have made the edits to the keyframe photos in Lightroom. Then pressed the Reload button in LRT. At this point everything looks correct. LRT shows columns for the edits I have made.

But then when I click on the Auto Transition button, all the columns for the edits disappear. I'm not sure what the issue is.

I have tried to edit this timelapse sequence many times now. I have tried reinitializing the sequence. I tried changing the keyframes. I tried removing the sequence from LRT and Lightroom. I've tried reinstalling LRT. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone have a similar issue? Or know of a fix?

I am running on a PC with up to date Windows 10. Up to date Java (Version 8 Update 251). And up to date DNG converter (Version 12.2)

Screenshots included for reference. They show when I just clicked Reload and all the edit columns are there. And then when I have clicked the Auto Transition button and all the edit columns are gone.

Also included are the Log files. (You may notice that I clicked Reload twice. The first time, I forgot to save the metadata to files in Lightroom. So I went back and saved the metadata and then clicked Reload again. That shouldn't make a difference. But I'm sorry if it adds any confusion.)
After Autotransition all the columns will be hidden, where all values are equal. This is normal doesn't necessarily mean that the edits are gone.
Normally only those columns stay visible, where you have animated the tool in Lightroom, which means, where you have different values in the column which got transitioned by the Auto Transition.

In your case I assume, that you might have saved the Metadata in Lightroom from the Develop Module and not, as I keep stressing, from the Grid View. In that case, Lightroom might only have saved the Metadata for the very first keyframe - Auto Transition then will bring those settings to all other images and collapse the columns because they are equal.

There is a toggle button top left of the table which allows you to toggle the display of the hidden columns.

I'd recommend that you double check that you are doing the workflow right. Editing the Keyframes, using the Sync-Script to bring the settings from one Keyframe to the next before changing those settings etc. Saving Metadata from Grid View.
Follow my instructions for the visual workflow carefully on https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/

Start fresh by removing the sequence from Lightroom and doing "Metadata / Initialize" in LRTimelapse. It will work if you do it right.
Thanks for your response Gunther,

I went back and edited the sequence again. Making sure to follow your workflow exactly. But I am still having an issue.

I've narrowed it down to the Lens Corrections edit from Lightroom not being applied to the sequence in LRT.

You are correct, the edits that are all the same are hidden in the table. So, I opened the table to see that the edits are there. But the issue I'm seeing is that even though the edit for Lens Corrections is showing in the table, it isn't being applied to the photos. Only the keyframes are applying the Lens Corrections edit. As you can see in the screenshots, the keyframes have a spike in the visual previews luminosity curve. This is from the vignette being removed through the application of Lens Corrections. But the very next image doesn't have the same Lens Corrections edit applied and the vignette is back until the next keyframe.

For the record, I only edited one of the keyframes in Lightroom and then used the LRT sync keyframes script from the grid view to apply the same edits to all the keyframes. I did this to make the reproduction of this issue as easy as possible. And to reduce the risk that there could be something else I am doing that could be causing the issue.

In the final edit of this sequence, I do plan on using some of the tools in LRT. I won't be just applying the same edits to all the frames. For instance, I would like to have a radial filter follow the Milky Way core. But I want to figure out this issue in its most simple form first.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Vielen Dank Gunther! Haben Sie einen guten Tag
Strange because if you see the lens corrections applied in the table they should also be on the images. Do you have the latest Adobe DNG Converter installed? Please make sure! If you need to upgrade it, after doing that, while visual previews are activated hit Shift+Save, this will redo all the visual previews.
I found an update for Adobe DNG Converter. When I applied it, everything worked just as it should.

I'm sorry to have taken up your time with something that just needed a simple update Gunther.

In my defense though, when this issue started I did check to see if I had the latest DNG Converter by going to the LRT install website and clicking the link to download DNG Converter. And on that linked website it said 12.2 was the most recent release. I checked that I already had 12.2 and thought I was up to date.

It wasn't until your last reply to my post that I searched for the DNG Converter directly through Adobe's website. This was a different page than what was linked to on the LRT install site. That's how I found there was a 12.3 update.

So, I did try to make sure I had all the updates to LRT, Java, and Adobe DNG Converter before reaching out. I just didn't see the DNG Converter update at the time.

In any case, we're back up and running now.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe Gunther!
Adobe seems to have forgotton to add the new version to the list. I've added an different link now to the install page. Thanks for making me aware of this!