LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Issue with Edit of Intermediate images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 50 second timelapse, where two frames had a bonehead (me) in front of the camera. So after the LRTimelapse process through the point of keyframe editing and exporting to intermediate files, I edited the two TIFs in question.

However, in the resulting video, where those two frames occur, the video pauses / freezes then continues with the next frame after the 2 edited frames (see video link below).

Here is the process I used:
1) Basic LRTimelapse Holy-grail workflow all the way to deflicker.
2) Export from LR to TIFF files using the LRTimelapse Export dialog
3) Edit the TIF files in PS, replacing a selection of each on the bottom right corner where the bonehead got in the frame
4) Flattened layers, then did a Save (not a Save As) so has to hopefully save back to the same TIF format that was exported.
5) Verified via visual inspection with a TIF viewer that the images in the LRT folder are as expected
6) Create a video with the LRTimelapse Render command.

See the video (below link on youtube) and the freeze at about 0:39.

QUESTION: are there any additional requirements for saving back to the intermediate TIF, like perhaps Pixel or Bite order (as seen in the Save As dialog from PS, though I have not been using the Save As method)? Compression type? I have no layers (except the 1 base layer of course) and I save back to the existing file (not Save As), However, the TIF files grow from about 45MB to about 50MB

I verified that a video created with NO edited TIF frames does not freeze.

https://youtu.be/e_o8FpVSH38

I have attached a ZIP of the 2 TIF files in question. Let me know if you want other files.

Chris
Looks like the attachment didn't stick. I can upload it to a location of your choice. Or perhaps you see something I should try?
Hold on: I tried doing a "Save As" TIF in PS and un-selected the "Alpha Channels" box and it seems much better. Is that Save As option a known problem?
I've never tried that - but I can only imagine, that somehow PS saved in a different format, for example with Alpha. Just give it a try. Normally the TIFFs are ZIP compressed without alpha and layers.
Yes, I think removing the Alpha option did the trick. I've now produced a full ProRes from LRT and have used it in an editor within the hiccup.