LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: ? about holy grail, frames needed for interpolation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did my first holy grail sequence yesterday evening and it has some problems.

Here's a layout of the sequence:

frames 1-150, iso L.01 (50)
frame 151, iso bump to 100
frame 181, iso bump to 200
frame 230, iso bump to 400

LrT2 creates the HG keyframes fine (except for the L.01->100 keyframes as I outlined earlier). I went into Lr and made the L.01-100 keyframes (as star-ratings 2 and 3, as directed). All fine. In Lr I see 8 keyframes... 1-star on the ends and 3 sets of 2/3 stars around each of the bumps.

I edit the 2/3-star frames as directed, using Match Total Exposures. This works perfectly. I save the metadata and bring it into LrT2 with a Reload. Then apply auto-transition, then deflicker and finally save xmp again. Back to Lr where I select all and then Read XMP data for all files. This is where things aren't looking right, because in Lr, when I look at those same holy grail keyframes there are definite jumps now between the 2/3-star keyframes. It's as if the interpolation method didn't have enough temporal resolution to accomplish the tweening between values.

Any ideas? Are my ranges too short for the interpolation method?

(thanks)
Could you please post a screenshot of your LRT preview window with the curves?

When deflickering - especially short sequences, you might have to tweak a bit with the smoothness slider to avoid strange curve behaviour.
(2012-08-15, 19:13)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please post a screenshot of your LRT preview window with the curves?

Here you go:
The first "Jump" looks weird, the other ones look right. I'm not sure why the first is not correct. Do anything change if you apply the auto-transition again? If nothing helps, select from the beginning to the first orange keyframe and apply a linear transition to this selection. That's how it should look like.
Found it, and of course it was use error. When I manually selected the first set of HG keyframes I was one frame offset to the right, so of course there was a jump there. Thanks for all the help and I promise to be more alert next time. <g>

I have a big shoot coming up the next three days and nights at the fire lookout on our local mtn and will be capturing 3-500g of data. Finger's crossed!
Glad you figured it out! All the best for your shooting!