LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Periodic TL feature expansion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off I should state that the periodic TL feature is very beneficial and I am glad it has been included! One thing I would love to see would be a function which would allow a different interval to be used whilst not active... probably best if I explain it:

Between 10am and 10pm a picture is taken every 5 minutes.
Between 10pm and 10am a picture is taken every 15 minutes.

Would this be something you would consider including? Thanks!
This would make things even more complicated... (also for the user and to set up).
A work around would be to shoot with the shorter time, and then use the long term filters, select for the night time span only, then "Edit / Select Every nth" and remove the unwanted images during the night time.
Hi Gunther, thanks for the reply, I am aware of the solution you mention and I am aware my suggestion would make things more complex but it would help solve an issue with my workflow...
Currently I need to take a picture every 30 minutes to stop a camera from sleeping as if it does sleep, it doesn't properly wake up the SD card (which transfers images over 4G) when it takes the next picture. A solution which would allow for photos to be taken at a longer interval overnight would solve my problem without generating pointless images overnight when there is no need for photos to be taken.
You might want to check if you can turn of the standby on the camera. At least for the cameras I know, there is an option in the menu to set "sleep" to never.
Unfortunately not with the Sony A5100... but I've found another solution. Thanks Gunther.