LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Match Total Exposure Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just purchased LRTimelapse and have got going well, however, I'm having a few teething problems. I hope someone can help.

When trying to match total exposure between two key frames I get the error message in LR that "There was an error calculating the effective exposure for the target photo. No photos were changed".

I have initiated exposures correctly in LRT and imported into LR.

Does anyone have any ideas as I need to edit the frames as I have used Magic Lantern and have several ISO jumps to handle.

Cheers

Garry
Just worked it out!!!!!!

I used the rotate lens trick to lock in an aperture, of course this means the lens data was not captured and hence 'match exposure' can not compute the right adjustments!

Any ideas as to how to retro the lens data into LR?

Cheers

Garry
Me again!!! Solving my own problems.

All worked out, so here's the full LR solution if you have a manual lens and/or are using the lens rotate trick.

Just down load EXIFTOOL and Lens Tagger.

LT lets you bring the FL and Aperture back into the LR metadata without leaving LR. These are the two pieces of data missing that you need to do the match total exposure trick.

Cheers

Garry

:-)
Hi Garry, my apologies for not answering you in a timely manner. I totally overlooked this Thread and got not notifications ;(

I'm glad you managed to come to a solution! Normally it might be easier to adjust the exposure between the frames manually, that's what I did all the time before I knew the "match total exposure" trick.

But good to know that there is a work around. I'm going to move this thread to the FAQ since I think the more people try to use "MTE" the more this question will arise.

Thank you!