LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Firmware 2.5 R23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new Firmware 23 has some nice improvements and new features! Check out what's new:
  • Added second status page to show the configuration of the ports (rotate up / down to toggle through the 2 pages in "Status")
  • Date will also be displayed when setting the time for a timed shooting (Timed TL, Custom TL). This will prevent you from incidentally changing the date when the time passes 0:00.
  • Changed the "next >" strings to just ">"
  • Renamed "Second Camera" to "Second Port" in settings
  • Remaining Time will now again be shown as "T-" everywhere
  • On the running screen the camera release dot indicators will now be closer to the center, they would otherwise be hidden by text
  • renamed "trigger slave" to "trigger motion"
  • In Timed TL Mode, when going back from Number of Shots, the programmed time was reset. Fixed.
Please download from https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/firmware - you'll also find the update instructions there!

Let me know below, if you have any feedback!
Hi Gunther,

I tried to update the firmware from 2.5 R21 to 2.5 R23 according to your recommendations. I can connect the timer to the PC via the cable and put it into firmware update mode. The file browser shows the LRPROTIMER directory, but when I try to copy the unzipped update file, the file browser (Explorer or Total Commander) freezes, and nothing is copied. I have to kill the file browser task.

I tried this with two different PCs (both Windows 10 v. 10.0.18363), different USB cables (which work fine for data transfer from/to smartphones), but nothing worked.

The size of the current.uf2 file is 524.288, the size of the unzipped LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_2.5_23.uf2 file is only 193.024, a big difference. Is this ok?

How to proceed? Do you have any suggestion?

Günter
Please leave "Current.uf2" alone, it's an internal file, which you shouldn't touch when updating.

I've just tried it here. Downloaded the zip, unzipped the contained LRTimelapse_Pro_Timer_2.5_23.UF2 file to my desktop. The size is around 190 KB. Then copied that file to the mounted LRT Pro Timer drive. The Explorer window closes, the timer reboots with the new firmware.
Hi Gunther,

thank you for your suggestions. I did exactly as you recommend (tried to copy the unzipped firmware update from the desktop, didn't touch the current.uf2 file). But the update is not copied to the timer (translated from German: "cannot write... please remove write protection").

I had no success in trying to remove any write protection from the LRPROTIMER dir, even with admin rights (Total Commander). And I did not notice any write protection of any of the files and directory.

In addition, there is something weird going on. When I restart the file manager after killing the copy task, the device often is only recognized as exchangable disk (not as LRPROTIMER), and I cannot open it. Even if it is recognized as LRPROTIMER, I cannot copy the file into this directory.

Sometimes I also had to restart the PC (without the timer attached), but the system hang while booting. I had to kill and restart again (on both my desktop and laptop Win 10 PCs).

What would you recommend to try?

Günter
Could it be a virus scanner preventing the access to the drive?
Maybe you could give it another try on another computer, laptop etc. I don't know any reason why that drive shouldn't be accessible. If you cannot get it going we'd need to open up a support case and you'd need to ship the timer to us for checking. Please send me an email in that case to support(at)lrtimelapse.com with your postal address and the date and place where you bought the timer. You can also write in German ;-)
I mistakenly downloaded the firmware for the wrong device (2.5 R23 on the Pro Timer 3.0). Although this temporarily bricked the device, it was easily recovered by installing the correct firmware. Thanks Gunther!