LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Visual Preview freezes the computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and video editing in general. Besides, English is not my first language so I ask you to forgive any mistakes.

I just started using the software and I'm loving it, but I came across a problem. Several times when I try to activate the visual preview my computer simply freezes, and I have to force the restart. Any idea why this is happening?
In addition I have rendered videos with different parameters to test the results, but I cannot open videos that maintain the aspect ratio of my camera, since when I render using the 16: 9 option, the problem does not occur.

I appreciate any help.
Hi, regarding visual previews:
1) make sure nothing is blocking on your computer. Whitelist LRTimelapse and Adobe DNG Converter in your virus scanner
On mac: allow full disc access, see: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-wil...-and-later
2) make sure your timelapse is located on a fast drive (internal ssd would be best)
3) if this doesn't help, reduce the number of parallel threads in LRTimelapse's settings/Expert settings. Set it to half the value and see if that helps.

Regarding playback of original aspect ratio videos: such videos are often outside the MP4/h.264 specifications (you got a warning in the render dialog!). You'd need a good player, for example Vlc player, might be able to play them back.
Lowering the resolution or using another codec (h.265, prores, dnxhr) will also help.

Sent mobile...
Thank you Gwegner! I'll try that...