LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: newest version for Mac 10.12.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther,
First of all, Thanks for this amazing software, I love it. Would be much too lazy to do holy grail timelapses by hand, but with this software it's fantastically easy.

2 days ago I got a notification that a new version of LRTimelapse is available, so I updated.
(I am somewhat unsure what the last version was that I had installed).
When I wanted to start it, I got a notification that MAC OS 10.13 is required. Unfortunately, I am still on 10.12.6 (and can not update for other reasons).
What's the latest version that would still run on 10.12.6 and where would I get the install file for it?

I found an installation file for 5.4. Is that the most up to date version that would run?

Along the same lines, LRTimelapse asks me every single time when I start it whether I would like to install the newest Adobe DNG converter.
Once I download that, I can not install it, because the system is too old for it.
It would be nice is LRTimelapse didn't ask every time.

Thanks,
Boris
Hi Boris, the official 5.4 is still linked on the download page. For licensed users it will still run, and also on older MacOS.
From 5.5 on, MacOS 10.13 is required. Just to make this clear: this was not my decision, or any technical reason in LRTimelapse. The reason is, that Apple refused to notarize my old and proven launcher which also worked with the older OS versions. That means, Apple forced me to build a new launcher, which will now only run with 10.13 and younger. I'm glad I've never experienced anything like this on Windows.
Hi Gunther:

I am indebted to you always for this wonderful software.

In regards to new Upgrade 5.5

I have MAC OS Catalina 10.15.6 and LRT. Version 5.4. 2020-03-20. build 619.

I am extremely happy with what I have. I have no problems with multiple uses of it for my Nikon D750 timelapses and saved RAW files from my Mavic 2 Pro drone in hyperlapse mode saving the RAW files.

I am extremely reluctant to upgrade. What is your advise?

Dale Davis
Miami
Hi Dale, I recommend to use the latest Version. I'm constantly improving LRTimelapse and also fixing bugs.
If you need support, there will be support only for the latest version. Please understand, that I cannot support older versions.
We had an extensive Beta for 5.5 and 5.5.2 is quite stable. Should you ever experience any issues with the latest version, I'm here to help.
I didn't think it was your fault, no. And if not, there would be a good reason for it anyway.

I have downloaded the linked 5.4 version, which works.
If 5.5 is the breaking point, I will stick to that, no problem.
(I also have a windows PC, so newer versions I can always use there. And hopefully, my boss sponsores a new laptop at some point, too.)

Thanks!