LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Auto-transition failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using LRT 4.8 on a Mac Pro (Late 2013) with a 3.5GHz 6-Core processor, 64GB memory running OS 10.14.6.

I've used LRT a fair amount and have never seen this issue before. It seems when transitioning between 2 white balance keyframes LRT is struggling to keep the transition smooth. I'm going from day to night and the white balance values go from about 5600k in full sun, to around 7500k at "blue-thirty" dusk, to around 4200k when the work lights come on-- it's a construction site. I have a keyframe at image 7651 where the WB value is 6292k and another keyframe at image number 7220 with a WB value set for 4050k. However about 2 images after my first keyframe the WB goes from 6400k to 4174k and, of course the image goes blue. I double checked my metadata values and tried running auto-transition a 2nd time, but got the same result.

Thought I'd retry, just for kicks. I backed up my settings from Lightroom for the keyframed images, re-initialized metadata in LRT, re-established my keyframes and exported metadata. Then re-imported those metadata settings in Lightroom and began copying my develop settings from the backed up images only to realize not all the keyframed images' metadata was exported from LRT on the 2nd go around. I can't re-export xmp metadata from LRT to get all my keyframed images in to Lightroom.

Wow this is getting frustrating!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You might want to check the curves. In LRT4 sometimes when the keyframes are very close and te changes big between keyframes, the curves might swing over in some cases. Check it visually, then you'll see if this is the case.
You can always correct single curves with the manual transition if such things happen.

Please note that LRTimelapse 4 is outdated and out of support since nearly 2 years now. Such things have been improved in LRT5. Please consider upgrading to the latest version. You can get a discounted upgrade here: https://lrtimelapse.com/upgrade/