LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Key frames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question I hope someone can throw some light on. I tend to see key frame sequences like this 23-2-2-23

The question is what do I do with the 2s? What is LRT telling me?

Cheers

Garry
Hi Garry, these are for the holy grail workflow explained in the holy grail tutorial here: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/

If you didn't change exposure whilst shooting it could happen, that LRTimelapse creates "holy grail" keyframes (2/3 star) nevertheless if strong flickering is found in the sequence. In this case it would be best to get rid of them either manually in LRT2 or easier by using the "Create even spaced Keyframes" method.
(2012-08-18, 09:43)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Garry, these are for the holy grail workflow explained in the holy grail tutorial here: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/

If you didn't change exposure whilst shooting it could happen, that LRTimelapse creates "holy grail" keyframes (2/3 star) nevertheless if strong flickering is found in the sequence. In this case it would be best to get rid of them either manually in LRT2 or easier by using the "Create even spaced Keyframes" method.

One of my 'problems' was that I was using magic lantern in bramp mode for a sunset. The resultant exposures were rather eratic. I subsequently used my promote remote in bramp mode with the bulb assist kit. This gave me the most fantastically smooth bramping and LRT had no problems.

One further LRT feature I'm confused about is the in-LRT movement transitions. I had a simple time lapse with a beginning and end key frame and two others between. I adjusted the last image for the final crop position for the transition. The problem was that LRT made the transition between the end key frame and the one before that, ie not between the first and the last.

The question is, how do if force LRT to transition between the beginning and the end key frames when there are other key frames in the middle?

Cheers

Garry
(2012-08-18, 20:15)garry23 Wrote: [ -> ]The question is, how do if force LRT to transition between the beginning and the end key frames when there are other key frames in the middle?
Select only the crop columns (right mouse on column header -> select only this) and than apply a manual transition, for example "linear". Agree to the question to override your keyframes (will only affect crop).
(2012-08-19, 01:43)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-18, 20:15)garry23 Wrote: [ -> ]The question is, how do if force LRT to transition between the beginning and the end key frames when there are other key frames in the middle?
Select only the crop columns (right mouse on column header -> select only this) and than apply a manual transition, for example "linear". Agree to the question to override your keyframes (will only affect crop).

Gunther

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. I should have worked it out myself. Sorry to have bothered you.

Cheers

Garry