LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: preview file problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, this is not going to be the best report, but here goes:

I had a sequence loading, but while it was making its previews I selected another sequence from my hard disk because I didn't want to work on the first one at that time. OK... I got the "you have unsaved metadata" alert, so you want to keep it, and I said no.

I then loaded the new sequence, but the first frame of the last sequence was now being used as the preview for the first frame of my new sequence. The filename in the file browser list was correct, but the preview was wrong. I re-initialized, and no joy. I then exited LrT2 and restarted, but still no good. I then went in and deleted all the .xmp files from the new sequence and reloaded them into LrT2 but _still_ that darn preview of the first file was there, and the exposure curve reflected that wrong preview file. I tried to find a command to build a new preview based on that file but couldn't. I finally had to delete that actual file in LR and LrT2, which worked around the problem (but wasn't an optimal solution).

Hope that's helpful.
This should not happen anymore in LRT2 - on which version are you?

The thing is that if - for which reason ever, Exiftool and LRTimelapse have a communication error and this happens, and the generated preview file for the first image is wrong, you have to rebuild the previews to get rid of it. Just use Shift-F5 to do so after relaunching LRT. Than everything should be fine again. In LRT2 there is a dedicated menu names "Reload, update previews".
Ah ha... it must've been that issue between Exiftool and LRT, got it. I actually looked in every dropdown menu except File for the Reload, update previews command. Of course. Thanks!

BTW, I'm using LRT2 beta 1. Is that the current version?
(2012-08-20, 14:59)yostopia Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, I'm using LRT2 beta 1. Is that the current version?
yes.