LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Long Term workflow issues: frames order altered, system hangs, ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there everyone!

I´m a new LRTimelapse user since December. I have a Pro license and use LRT mainly for Long Term Timelapses workflow.
Since December, I've been working on introducing LRT on my long term workflow. I had great hopes on some of the specific features but I´ve been having several issues.

- First my main computer hangs a lot!. I work with 17.000 images time lapses (for over a year projects) and every time i select the folder or open "filter" tab, the computer start to build again all the LUM, contrast & Hue curves. And it get a lot of time to finish! Also, the cpu is barely used (around 15%-20% load. And yes, I´ve already selected all 8 threads on preferences). Is there any other tuning I need to to? This happens on two different computers (MacBook Pro 15" i7 - 2017 / SSD / macOs Big Sur and custom CPU with 64GB RAM - 4GHz 8 Core / SSD / macOs Mojave )

- Also, on the rendered files I´ve found that the frame order has been altered and I get an outoforder frame every 7 or 10 frames on video. I´ve already configured Lightroom on "capture time" and actually, the images on the folder are in correct order, but on final rendered file (422LT, with no Deflicker) I get this bug.

This second bug doesn't happen on "short term" workflows, only on long term workflow. Also it doesn't happen if I create the time-lapse using the same images folder and QuickTime 7. I´ve tried workflows with both DNGs and JPEGs and both have same problem.

Any thoughts/help will be greatly appreciated, since as now I cannot use LRTimelapse for the use I bought it for.

P.S.: Sorry about my English is not my mother language.
Also, LRTimelapse is updated to 5.5.7 (happened on previous version too) and adobe DNG converter to 13.1.0.658.
Hi,
1) for the first filtering stage it might help to split the sequence into 2 or 3 parts and filter them separately. Later you can move the results together into one sequence again. Working with smaller subsequences is faster.
Also if you don't use all filters, you can deactivate them - there are checkboxes on the right of the filters to turn them off, this will also speed things up.

2.) If the frame order is right in Lightroom, then it will also be in the export, please double check. The exporter will name the files LRT_00001 etc. so that they are even alphabetically sortable. Check that you have the right order in LRTimelapse (if there is no correct exif data, you might want to switch to "Filename sort". Then also check in Lightroom. Of course this requires that the filenames are alphabetically sortable.
If you have images without Exif Timestamps, it could happen that Lightroom writes Exif Data for the Keyframes and then only those have Exif data and the others not. But you'd see that in the table. Then it makes sense to switch to filename sort.
Hi Gwegner, thanks for such a fast response!

1) I´ve just tried what you've suggested but, If I did it ok, those check boxes (green and blue waves?) only disable the luminance / contrast / hue curves visualisation however those are still being created on background (an I can see progress bar indicating it).
Also, is there any option for LRT to "remember" those curves in order to avoid reanalysing every time we select the folder containing those images?

2) We´ve already double and triple checked the "capture time" and EXIF suggestion (I´ve already seen some previous post on the forum) but that doesn't seem to be the problem here.

Also, this is happening in several long term time lapses made in different locations with different cameras (5D MkII, 250D, Hero 7 Black, etc...) and shooting in JPEGs (some cameras) or RAW (other cameras).

Also, as I noted before, creating the timelapse with QuickTime 7 -using the same images folder- creates a video file with no frame order issues.

It looks like some sort of bug when exporting long term timelapses created with a big amount of files but I´m not an expert.
Without having more information I cannot reproduce your issues. Maybe you could put together a small test sequence where the export / rendering creates a wrong order and send me that with steps to reproduce.
Well, as I said before, this happen on long term workflows so I cannot put together a small sequence, but a really large one.
Also, I cannot share the images because they are created inside my client facilities and I am not allowed to share them but I could show you the steps through a Skype call.
Could it be a memory issue on your computer? Try the same after rebooting your computer and having no other applications open. Did you try to split the sequence, as I recommended?