LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LRTL2 Beta 2 - Java Virtual Memory Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Gunter
I'm seeing this error now on both of my computers only after upgrading to the new beta version today. None of the setting have changed and I need to reserve substantial amount to After Effects for rendering. I freed up more memory on AE and still was getting the same error.
Other than this Beta 2 has been working very well up till now.
Cheers,
Stephen
Does this happen, when AE ist not running as well? If you start Aftereffects and let it render it will eat up all memory it can have so it might be the case that LRTimelapse won't get enough. Try the alternative launcers in the start menu if you are on windows, you might as well check the faq. I would recommend launching LRTimelapse before firing up AE to avoid this.
(2012-08-22, 21:54)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen, when AE ist not running as well? If you start Aftereffects and let it render it will eat up all memory it can have so it might be the case that LRTimelapse won't get enough. Try the alternative launcers in the start menu if you are on windows, you might as well check the faq. I would recommend launching LRTimelapse before firing up AE to avoid this.

Hi Gunter
The error did occur after starting up LRTL first but it did run. What's of a larger issue is I've had to go back to Beta1 as I went through all the normal steps and when I went to do the final input into Lightroom the files reverted back to the original settings. Running Beta1 is no problem after re-installing so I'm thinking a bug in software rather than a process slip on my behalf.
Stephen
Hi Stephen,
I don't think this is a bug in beta2. Could I ask you to give it another try? I would like to know if this is reproducible.
Thank you very much!
Gunther
(2012-08-24, 11:02)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Stephen,
I don't think this is a bug in beta2. Could I ask you to give it another try? I would like to know if this is reproducible.
Thank you very much!
Gunther

Having the same problem on both systems and now actually the same problem on Beta1. I'm doing exactly the same thing I do day in day out and suddenly all my changes are FUBAR...gone. I was only able to get a few smaller projects to work properly so amount of files might be an issue. It seems to be occurring in the Auto Transition action.
(2012-08-24, 13:40)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]
Thank you very much!
Gunther

Having the same problem on both systems and now actually the same problem on Beta1. I'm doing exactly the same thing I do day in day out and suddenly all my changes are FUBAR...gone. I was only able to get a few smaller projects to work properly so amount of files might be an issue. It seems to be occurring in the Auto Transition action.

Going to try running the same batch and not deflicker the process. I will then do again with deflicker to see if either one works and where this problem is occurring.
(2012-08-24, 13:57)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-24, 13:40)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]
Thank you very much!
Gunther

Going to try running the same batch and not deflicker the process. I will then do again with deflicker to see if either one works and where this problem is occurring.

One test run and it did bring in the changes to the setting but it dropped the split filter that I use much of the time. This was without deflicker

On the second computer is was far worse news. When I reloaded the edited images and verified they all loaded (by the way if you could have a tab to jump from flagged frame to next would speed up time of ensuring all files changes have been imported). When I hit auto transition it read custom in every column that was changed. I'm deleting the XMP files and starting again on this computer.
On the second computer that I was processing RAW files the problem has been resolved so something caused the XML files to become corrupt. Hopefully the last of that for the time being. I will try Beta2 in a few a days.
(2012-08-24, 14:51)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]On the second computer that I was processing RAW files the problem has been resolved so something caused the XML files to become corrupt. Hopefully the last of that for the time being. I will try Beta2 in a few a days.

Just ran another set and had the same error occur with all the settings saying custom. I thought maybe because I used the auto white balance feature in Lightroom it might have caused it but manually changed white balance settings and same error again. Then when I reload into Lightroom no settings imported and even worse yet all my edited frames are wiped out. This has taken up 2 days of my time so far.
Hi Gunther

Ran the same set again but this time I did not use any auto white balance in Lightroom only the sliders and it worked. Something is happening when that is being used in lightroom. I went back to Beta2 as no point in using Beta1 as both making same error.

Time for a few hours sleep now
Pages: 1 2