LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Tiny Colored Specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Wondering if someone could help me...

While doing first TL trials tonight, besides the stars, I notice small colored specs on the pictures (in the same spots - on the dark areas).
Is that possibly sensor dust and that's how it shows up on night photos even @ f 2.8?

Thank you!

Lu
Hi, no I assume these are dead pixels on your sensor. Pretty normal but annoying... You could try using the feature called "dark frame substraction" or "Long time exposure Noise Reduction" in your camera, it will take a dark frame after every exposure and substract it from the photo taken to get rid of noise and those effects. But is will double your exposure time as well so that it's quite useless for night time lapse. I think you will have to live with it or stamp it out.

If you stamp in Lightroom: make sure to copy the stamping to all images of the sequence in Lightroom since LRTimelapse won't do anything with the stamping.
Thank you Gunther : )

I did try the dark frame subtraction - it worked.
And yes, the time doubled.
Still worked.

But next time, I'll do LR stamping (spot fix) since there were only a few of them.
AND, yes, I'll make sure to copy/paste settings to all images.

Okay, more trials to come...but the images are getting better : )