LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Firmware 27 for LRT PRO Timer 3 and 2.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've uploaded a new Firmware 27 for the LRT PRO Timer 3 and LRT PRO Timer 2.5.

Firmware 27
  • When timed shooting was turned on in some cases a false time display could appear on the No of Shots Menu and the Waiting Menu.
  • Removed Exposure setting from Periodic and Timed TL settings because people frequently confused setting exposure in the LRT PT vs. setting it in the camera. Whenever possible, Exposure should be set in camera and the camera be operated in M mode. Bulb should only be used for exposures longer than 30 secs. This is still possible in TL/Bulb and TL/Custom modes, also in Single/Bulb. https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-per...utter-open
  • Changed text saying "Use M-Mode" to a better explanation.
  • In modes where the no of shots is rounded to the base of 10, they are now correctly rounded.

You can download it on the Firmware Update Page: https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/firmware-updates/

If you have any feedback, please post it below.
Hi Gunther

just updated both of my LRT PRO Timers 2.5 and 3 with Firmware 27. When turning the knob for one click you can go through the menu one by one. That's what I expected. But on the V2.5 sometimes the next menu item is being skipped. It does not matter in which direction you turn the knob. On the V3 I don't see this problem

Regards,
Michael
Hi Michael, I don't think this has to do with the firmware update.
The LRT PT 3 has a much better debouncing of the knob which is done in hardware, while the 2.5 only features a software debouncing.
For the 2.5: Normally you should be perfectly able to dial in values, use the menu etc. but it can happen, that sometimes it looses a "klick" or adds one. This should not be more than 1 out of 10. If it happens more frequently it might be a defect. Please send me an email to support@lrtimelapse.com in that case where you add all information needed (invoice, address etc.).
Moin Gunther!
I am not able to connect the LRT Pro Timer3 with a Mac running macOS Monterey. I used different cables and USB ports. However on a Mac running macOS Big Sur no problems at all. Now I have the new fw27 installed.
Dear Gunther,
I have the LRTimelapse Pro Timer 2.5. I am trying to update the firmware to 2.5.27 and have been able to download the update and double-click the reset button to get the folder to open on my Windows 10 PC. However, after many tries, I have not been able to drag the update into the Pro Timer's folder. The file never starts downloading and it becomes un-responsive over a long period of time. I have attemped this many times without success. I can run the timer on my Nikon camera and program my sequences. It runs just fine. I had some trouble on the first update when I bought the Timer, but was able to complete that update.
Please advise what to do now.
Roy Gillard
Hi Roy, could you maybe try it on another computer? I'd recommend to do the "doubleclick" on the little reset button first, before connecting, then connecting the timer to the computer. You should see the "LRTPROTIMER" drive then. Now you can drag/drop or copy paste the firmware file (the .bin file) to that drive.
Thank you for your response Gunther,
I tried your suggestion and after a couple tries, I noticed an info box somewhere else on my computer screens that said something like "connect drive to USB port". I reset the LRT Pro Timer again and it instantly attached and rebooted. So now I have the latest update. I am setting up to take an overnight holy grail timelapse of the eastern sky with a Nikon D850 with a 14mm lens (10 second intervals with 5 second exposures). I will use LRTimelapse with Lightroom Version 2. Wish me luck.
Thanks again,
Roy
Hi, that sounds good!

I just hope you are not really using Lightroom version 2 (!), that's 10 years old and not supported anymore.
You'd need at least LR6 or better the current Lightroom Classic.
Hello Gunther, I'm considering the Pro Timer for construction site periodic timelapse and Bulb mode exposure times over 30s. Do I understand it right that fw 27 and later has this functionality disabled? If so, is it possible to downgrade to earlier firmwares? Thanks, Radim.