LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Exporting video from slideshow TERRIBLE quality!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

This is starting to drive me insane, from how much time i've spent trying to sort this out...

Right, following the workflow, the first timelapse I made and deflickered in LR timelapse+lightroom4 worked great. The video image, exporting from LR4's slideshow (using the free template, 1080 fullHD) is a really clean and high res image.

Now i've been trying to do the same with my second one, (shot at exactly the same resolution, on the same camera- highest quality jpegs not RAW) and the video export from Slideshow looks really blocky and compressed- unusable.

I'm praying that you're gonna say there's a simple reason for this, because i'm going crazy.

PLEASE HELP as soon as you can...

Thank you very much,
Woody
Hi, the overall look of compressed videos depend of the movement in the footage. If you have a lot of movement or changes between one frame and the other, the output might be worse than in another video where only few changes take place. Normally the free templates to a good job, but they certainly don't have the highest bitrates.

So if you need better quality, I would recommend going for the PRO-Templates, they offer much more quality and higher bitrates, so you would certainly see much less artifacts if any:

http://lrtimelapse.com/shop/pro-templates-lightroom/