LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: HOW TO DO PAN AND TILT SHOTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

karimabouzeid

Hi, i congratulate you on an amazing software, im preparing something these days and i want to do some side tracks pans and tilts how is that possible?
i already tried the zoom in and out with LRtimelaps and it worked great..
thanks
I'm not sure if I understood what you want to do but you can try to animate the lens correction.
(2011-06-13, 23:54)karimabouzeid Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i congratulate you on an amazing software, im preparing something these days and i want to do some side tracks pans and tilts how is that possible?
i already tried the zoom in and out with LRtimelaps and it worked great..
thanks

if you have the money you can use a motorised pan tilt head for real pan / tilt shots

there are some heads for less money on ebay - most used for telescopes like the maede ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni89TBOTCUA ). or you can use a programmable remote head like the revolution pan / tilt head from kessler crane ( http://www.kesslercrane.com/product-p/100117.htm ) or a much more expensive version from CamBlock ( http://camblock.com/Products/index.html ).
Speaking of pan and tilt heads - does any one know how to use the Merlin telescope mount pan and tilt head? I recently bought it and am having problems using it with my MX2 Controller. (I'm using it without the Dynamic Perception rig - just the MX2 Controller.) The Merlin mount doesn't seem to obey the 'interval' that I feed into the MX2 controller - for example. if I enter an interval of 7 seconds between shots, the Merlin mount takes several seconds longer to move from one position to the next, and the interval ends up being at least 15-20 seconds. I'm doing everything right as far as I know and cannot notice any setting that I don't have set correctly, but obviously I am missing something.

Any help? Thanks everyone.
Hmm, that's strange. I don't know what exactly is wrong with your setup but I can assure you that normally the merlin works like a charm with the MX2.
What Intervals are you using? I cannot imagine the Merlin taking more than 4 or 5 seconds to move if you use those intervals for example?
I currently have my Merlin and MX2 set-up, with the Merlin on a tripod (no DP stage one rig) - and when I hook everything up together, the camera takes much longer in between each picture than my programmed interval on the MX2. I'll put in an interval of 4 or 5 seconds, but there'll be at least 15-20 seconds between each shot - nothing I've tried so far has helped. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Another thing that seems to be happening is that when I input the numbers for the scope movement (interleave, Fixed SMS on), the Merlin seems to be moving much more than what I've entered. I'll enter an 'up' movement of 5 degrees, and it moves much farther than that, possibly 25-35 degrees.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here? Does switching between interleave/continuous help? I'm hoping it's not my Merlin which is faulty Sad