LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: A few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther,

1) Could you post a link to a resource detailing which Lightroom tools are linear and which are not?

When you ramp settings in LRTimelapse, I understand that it is more difficult to parametrize transitions if the tools used in Develop are not linear.

2) Could you add some lens recommendations? Prime vs. zoom, etc.

3) Could you add some filter recommendations?

I got a B+W ND filter that cuts 10 stops of light, but that may not be flexible enough, based on my recent experiments.

4) I know that shooting intervals and exposure times (shutter speed) require experimentation, but could you give more examples and use cases?

Your movies are of great quality, maybe you could share what shooting intervals and exposure times you used for each segment?

5) Do you plan to update your ebook to reflect the new features in LRTimelapse 2?

Thanks and good job on LRTimelapse 2. It's awesome!
(2012-09-07, 00:45)DarkLight Wrote: [ -> ]1) Could you post a link to a resource detailing which Lightroom tools are linear and which are not?
In LR4 this isn't so relevant anymore. The controls behave better. In LR3 especially the Blacks Slider caused trouble.

Anyway you might run into trouble when exaggerating settings, for example pulling sliders fully up. Non-Linear in this terms are Blacks, Highlight, Contrast, Whites etc...

Quote:When you ramp settings in LRTimelapse, I understand that it is more difficult to parametrize transitions if the tools used in Develop are not linear.
No, it's not the transitions. It's mostly the deflicker that wouldn't work as well.

Quote:2) Could you add some lens recommendations? Prime vs. zoom, etc.
Go wide, Prime vs. Zoom normally doesn't matter. You don't need a big aperture as well (only for Astro).

Quote:3) Could you add some filter recommendations?
I got a B+W ND filter that cuts 10 stops of light, but that may not be flexible enough, based on my recent experiments.
That's what I often use.

Quote:4) I know that shooting intervals and exposure times (shutter speed) require experimentation, but could you give more examples and use cases?
Please check them out in the EBook. And than: make your own experiences!

Quote:Your movies are of great quality, maybe you could share what shooting intervals and exposure times you used for each segment?
Sorry, mostly I don't remember that - that would be a bit much of work for me to figure this out.

Quote:5) Do you plan to update your ebook to reflect the new features in LRTimelapse 2?
Yes, definitely!

Quote:Thanks and good job on LRTimelapse 2. It's awesome!
Thank you!
(2012-09-07, 09:32)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!

Thanks for your answers!