LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: QDSLR for iOs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, is there an adequate alternative for qdslr dashboard for iOs devices (iphone or ipad)?
Thank you kindly for the answers
Hi
No, there is not. I am also an iOS user but to use qDslrDashboard even after it was banned in the AppStore I got an old Android mobile which does the job perfectly. At the beginning I was not amused about the extra device but in the meantime I see the advantage that I can use my regular device for anything else while my timelapse is running.
Best regards
Monika
many many thanks. I also agree with the idea. I will probably also put another terminal specifically for this solution. Thank you very much.
Hello all, are there plans to release qdslr for iPhone? Can it be used on a Mac laptop?
Thank you,
LD
Seems like every post/thread I find on this forum or qDslrDashobaord that has an iOS availability question is left unanswered. So.....assuming that ship has sailed, I guess it's time to consider an android device just to operate this software. I would like to know If any newer model android would work (small tablet) and hoping I don't need any sort of cell service on it?
Yes, see this thread also: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-qds...6#pid48396
Basically you can just buy a used device that is a couple of years old and cost no more than 50 bucks (phone) Tablets might be a bit more expensive. Check the minimum Android version required on Zoltans site: https://dslrdashboard.info
Following the same conversation - how might I keep from "dropping connections" between some android phone using Qdslrdashboard and either the Sony A73 or a Nikon D750? I have used the TP-Link (and still have it), but that is more hardware to fail.
Keep the screen of the Phone/Tablet on all the time. Don't locate it further than 2 meters from the cam.
Thank you. Any suggestions for a model to get for cheap?
Not really... Basically any Android should do... Maybe you know someone that has an old phone laying around...