LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: PhaseOne IQ4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I use LRTimelapse for a long time and love it. Normally I work with Canon, Nikon or Leica cameras, so I can use the Ligthroom workflow when doing timelapses, even though I usually work with Capture One.

I have now a project to create huge size timelapses for a big led wall, which will be 15360 pixels width (4x 4K width). So I have begun to shoot landscape timelapses with my IQ4.

Lightroom doesn't work well for this task, as it cannot handle the IQ4 RAW files well (image quality is very very bad compared to C1).

So I would like to use LRTimelapse to create the exposure curve only (smooth out the light transitions and remove flickering), and then do the developping in Capture One. For that I would need to export a text file with the exposure values generated by LRTimelapse. Optionally, the other data would also be interesting (white balance for example). Then I would introduce these values in the metadata files of C1 session.

Would that be possible ?

Thanks for your support and best regards.

PS : did I already said that I love so much LRTimelapse ?

M.
Thanks for the thumbs up! :-)
Honestly, I'm not sure if that would be a feature that would be useful for more than 1 or 2 users.
The thing is, even if you had the number from LRTimelapse, the correction values would not be directly applicable to other programs. Apart from that LRTimelapse doesn't use Exposure directly, but different adjustment layers for the different type of corrections (Like HG, Deflicker, ..) There would be a lot of transforming and trial and error needed in order to get this going. Most likely you would have to do some programming yourself to transform the one format into another.

I'm not saying I couldn't provide an export, but I'd like to hear from others that they would also see the value in it to justify the development. Another option that I could offer would be a custom development for you that you pay individually for. Please reach out via email (info@lrtimelapse.com) if you would like an offer for that.
Ok I understand very weel that's not a very usefull feature for the common photographer, and by the way if it's not Exposure value that is responsible for deflicker, it would not be very usefull. Thanks !