LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Process 2012 - LRTimelapse2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

First of all thanks for this tool. I had used the previous version and recently I am playing with the newest version.

My workflow is CameraRaw 6.7 -> LR Timelapse -> Adobe AE 5. I edit my first raw file of the sequence and paste the CR settings to the rest. I have realized that the new version of LRT uses process 2012 and after deflickering in LRT, when I open the sequence in AE, my settings are either overridden or erased by LRT. For instance it crops the composition, although I hadn't cropped it in CR. Furthermore local adjustments are gone, etc. etc. I hadn't had this problem with the previous version.

Am I doing sth wrong?

Thank you for your reply.
J
Hi, I think with that Camera RAW you'll have to set the process to 2010 (LR3) in the LRTimelapse settings. The default is now 2012 (LR4) -> changed from last version.

Additionally you should always first initialize the sequence in LRTimelapse and save _before_ editing in ACR. In the LRTimelapse settings you can turn off the crop as well.
Hi again, thank you for your response. I followed your advice and it's working much better now.

I am trying to do the holy grail method. The famous 'match total exposure' technique is not possible in Adobe Bridge. I couldn't find it in Bridge. Am I right?

Does this mean that holy grail technique will only be possible with Lightroom?
Hi Jim, don't worry. Just do the matching manually. Match Total Exposures is quite dumb and as well only uses Exposure for matching - it doesn't always match 100% accurate so manual tuning is often necessary anyway. So just change the exposure of the second image until it matches the first one. Normally you can accomplish this in a couple of seconds.
(2012-09-26, 01:40)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jim, don't worry. Just do the matching manually. Match Total Exposures is quite dumb and as well only uses Exposure for matching - it doesn't always match 100% accurate so manual tuning is often necessary anyway. So just change the exposure of the second image until it matches the first one. Normally you can accomplish this in a couple of seconds.

Dumb me Smile Thanks for the help!
Hi Gunther, back with another question Smile

After editing in Lightroom (1.4.1) and processing the workflow in LRTimelapse I want to render the video in After Effects (5.5) since my footage needs some stabilization. When I read the first frame of the footage in AE it brings me the regular Adobe CR interface, with the warning 'Convert to process 2010'. I don't press convert it since it will erase my settings and press instead OK and create the footage. Now I see that my key frames are not as smooth as I wished, there is a visible change in the exposure.

Is this something related with LR 1.4.1 against CR 6.7 ?

Another question is, can I export with the LR templates also as Quicktime (.mov) ?
Normally you shouldn't see any difference between LR4 and AE. But take care to use the latest Update of ACR and AE (even when using CS5). The ACR dialog that AE shows is only meant to be closed with Done, don't make any changes there.

For the second question: LR4 only can export H.264 MP4.