LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LRTimelapse 6.4 beta 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LRT 6.4 beta 10 brings some big improvements and changes.

Especially the frequently requested support for real portrait resolutions was something that was really tough to implement and took a long time because I had to completely rewrite the code for the calculation of resolutions and crops with correctly handling arbitrary input resolutions and orientations as well as the different crops and resolutions that you can apply in the render dialog. I had to write a test routine to test all possible combinations and those turned out to be 13 billions (!).

Another addition that was due for many years now, was the incompatibility of LRTimelapse with special characters in path names. It was not really LRTimelapse's problem, it turned out to be interface to ExifTool that couldn't pass those characters, especially not on Windows OS. Fortunately, finally I found a way to circumvent those issues although this also meant a rewrite of the way that LRT passes parameters to ExifTool. That's also something that needs some community testing.
And while I was reworking this, I've also improved multi threading for exif data loading which lead to an at least 5 times acceleration for initial exif data loading.
Check it out, it's blazingly fast now!

That being done, I've added beta support for Chinese (simplified) and Japanese languages. I hope, that the guys who were hacking LRTimelapse to add the Chinese language, will respect this and license LRTimelapse now, to support my work instead of stealing it.

One thing, I really love in the new version is, that when you use the internal editor and change a parameter, the preview will not pop back to the camera preview while refreshing, now it will stay with the last appearance until the development is ready. This is visually much more appealing and makes it much easier to see what changes when editing.

Also I reworked the curve and playhead drawing in the preview. Curves should now scale better, especially on sequences with very few or a large number of images.

But there is even more, check out all changes in the releasenotes:
  • Feature: Changed croping logic. LRT will now support Portrait orientations in Portrait resolutions. This means, cropping sizes will not anymore be restricted by the landscape output dimensions, instead for Portrait renderings, portrait dimensionas will get applied, like 1080x1920 and 2160x3840.
  • Feature: Unicode file- and pathname support for Windows and Mac.
  • Feature: Added beta support for Japonese and Chinese languages.
  • Improvement: Curves drawing. Curves will now scale better, especially for very large or very small sequences.
  • Improvement: Made Playhead more visible with different backgrounds.
  • Improvement: When editing with the internal editor, Visual Preview will now keep showing the previous state instead of popping back to the camera preview while redeveloping.
  • Improvement: Removed the "Check path names for compatibility" setting.
  • Improvement: Sped up Exif-Data loading by factor 5 or more.
  • Improvement: Increased number of used Exif-Tool threads by factor 4.
  • Improvement: The last selected folder will bei reloacated more reliably after restart.
  • Improvement: When resizing the preview via the split pane, the selected folder in the tree will be kept in the viewport.
  • Fix: Unnecessary delay at the beginning of Exif-Data-Reload.
  • Fix: Natural filename sort didn't work with very large numbers in the filenames.
  • Fix: Metadata fixing for mixed WB treatments.
  • Fix: Metadata/Clear and Reinitialize would load ExifData twice.
  • Fix: White Balance initialization issue.
  • Fix: Closing LRTimelapse without loading any folder would reset the last selected folder in the settings and start with the folder tree in default position next time.

Download should happen automatically via the auto-updated, if you have an earlier beta of LRT 6.4 installed.
If not, please download from https://lrtimelapse.com/download/beta
Wow! This version feels so much more snappy. Thank you Gunther for spending so much effort in trying to minimize the time I am sitting behind a computer waiting for a process to finish!
Thanks for your feeback, much appreciated!