LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: USB-C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might sound petty, but the one thing holding me back from buying one of these is that it doesn't use a USB-C plug. Pretty much every piece of gear I now use from my Canon to my MacBook Pro, Gimbal, my Slypod to my Powerbank, and even my rechargeable flashlight all use USB-C for charging. That's great because now I only have to carry I cable around with me in my bag. But having to keep track of one extra cable just for this is a deterrent. Crazy, I know, but I sure hope some day you update it with a USB-C plug.
It's only a cable. Please understand that I'm a little manufacturer only and cannot easily change the port. First I need to sell all already produced units before I can think about a hardware change.
In my case it is the other way around: 90% of my gear uses Micro USB. Since years I always had to deal with different types of USB cables, so I simply do not care. And when Gunther decicdes to use USB-C with the ProTimer XYZ maybe next year, you can be sure that 2 years later we have another type of cable and the whole thing starts again. Wink
For this reason I use a multi charging usb cable since a long time and therefore I need also only one wire to charge all my different devices (iPhone, usb-c and micro usb). May be also an option for you. The timer is really a great piece of equipment. Don‘t want to miss it in my bag.