LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: SAVE does not work, temporary files left in folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Gunther,
first of all thank you for this really nice software.

I used it for many timelapses so far, but recently encountered the following problem with some sequences (others work):
"Nothing" happens when I hit save.

So it's similar to the "Save doesnt work with 'upside down images'?" thread. However I don't use the 2nd pass method. I loaded the original images (from a GoPro Hero in this case but also happened on images from a Nikon D300 or Nikon D7000) into lightroom, applied some changes, saved metadata and loaded the folder into LRTimelapse.

There's no error message, and nothing in the console either. After hitting the save button, the cancel button appears and stays until I change focus to another window and come back to LRTimelapse - then it disappears after 1 second.

After hitting the save button, a .JPG~ file of the first image is left in the folder. When I hit the save button the second time, the .JPG~ of the second image appears in the folder. And so on with the third, fourth time etc.

The .JPG~ files are empty.

Other details:
I am using version 1.3.1 (2011-06-19) on a Mac (Mac OS X 10.6.7). The files and the folders are not read only (files are set to read/write by everyone). This time it was a rather large sequence with >3000 files but I had the same problem with smaller (<1000) sequences. In lightroom I did changes in exposure and other fields and synced with all files of the sequence.

Any idea?

Best regards,
Kai
Hello Kai,
hard to say from the distance - personally I've never had those problems.
Please have a look into you system-log if there are any java exceptions.
If the problems occur reproducable on the same images try to narrow down the problem - copy 2 or three of the images into another folder and see if the problems persist. If yes please send me 2 or 3 images via email: support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com

Best regards
Gunther
(2011-06-27, 13:36)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Kai,
hard to say from the distance - personally I've never had those problems.
Please have a look into you system-log if there are any java exceptions.
If the problems occur reproducable on the same images try to narrow down the problem - copy 2 or three of the images into another folder and see if the problems persist. If yes please send me 2 or 3 images via email: support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com

Best regards
Gunther

Hai Kai,

Do you have a backup of your original files?
All my problems - in the thread you mentionend - seemed a lot like yours including the ~files, went away, when I just deleted the old ones, deleted the lightroom database entries, and just started fresh new.

I was lucky they were still on my flashcard, but it reminds me to always see if all things are fully functional before throwing the stuff away.
Maybe just a deletion of the lightroom database entries is enough if you dont have the old ones, cause I really think it did something strange when importing causing al those save problems.
(2011-07-07, 10:58)Bas Wrote: [ -> ]Hai Kai,

Do you have a backup of your original files?
All my problems - in the thread you mentionend - seemed a lot like yours including the ~files, went away, when I just deleted the old ones, deleted the lightroom database entries, and just started fresh new.

I was lucky they were still on my flashcard, but it reminds me to always see if all things are fully functional before throwing the stuff away.
Maybe just a deletion of the lightroom database entries is enough if you dont have the old ones, cause I really think it did something strange when importing causing al those save problems.

Hi Bas,
thanks a lot for your reply. In the meantime, Gunter helped me with the issue: The solution comes very close to what you suggested: After resetting the settings of the image (something like photo/exposure settings/reset or CMD-SHIFT-R in MacOS) and then redoing the settings, everything worked fine. The metadata included in the JPEG files appeared to be corrupted for whatever reason. Deleting (resetting) this metadata however worked fine, there was no need to restore the original files.

Best regards,
Kai