LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Could Not Create Java Virtual Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to try LRTimelapse again but can't even get the program to launch, getting the error in the subject line. Latest version 1.3.1 is installed. Latest version of Java is installed. Working on a Win7 64 platform.

Insights?

Thanks.
Have you installed the 64bit version of Java?
(2011-06-30, 19:59)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Have you installed the 64bit version of Java?

The version verification on the Java site indicates I have the correct version installed. I was running a 64 bit OS the last time I tried LRTimelapse and didn't have this issue. As far as I can tell from the Java website, the 64 bit version is only required if a 64 bit browser is being used. I don't use IE. I use Firefox and, again, as far as I know, it is only a 32 bit browser. Thus, I don't believe the 64 bit version of JRE is required or applicable.
Quote: I don't use IE. I use Firefox and, again, as far as I know, it is only a 32 bit browser. Thus, I don't believe the 64 bit version of JRE is required or applicable.

That has nothing to to with your browser version. If you want to run LRTimelapse on a 64bit machine you will need the 64bit jre - LRTimelapse doesn't run in the browser...
Thanks. Something must have gone wrong with the JRE as I was on a 64 bit machine last time I tried to use LR Timelapse. Updated now.
Glad it works now. Thank you for your feedback.

emmmile

Same error but I'm with Windows 7 32bit.. I tried to install both JSE and JDK.
Java Installation seems to work correctly, I just run a web page containing java applets.

emmmile

(2011-07-27, 03:00)emmmile Wrote: [ -> ]Same error but I'm with Windows 7 32bit.. I tried to install both JSE and JDK.
Java Installation seems to work correctly, I just run a web page containing java applets.

Ok, I solved! It's necessary to execute the .cmd file, not directly the .exe like reported in the installation guide! Now it's working..
Normally the exe works fine. But if the CMD does it for you, stay with that.

For LRTimelapse you only need the JRE (not JDK). Make sure you install the 64bit version on a 64bit OS, and otherwise the 32bit version.