LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Workflow for Cameras whose RAW-Previews are not supported
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Update: since Version 1.6 most of the previously unsupported RAW-types are supported via Exiftool. Check the announcement to learn more:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...aw-formats

LRTimelapse reads previews from RAW-files, to show their image on the top-left. However the RAW Library does not support any kind of RAW files. But that doesn't matter. The previews are mostly important for deflickering. You can do all other editing without previews as well.

In this workflow I'm going to describe how to use deflickering for RAW-Files whose previews are not supported:

1st pass
  1. Prepare your original RAW files as usual in LRTimelapse, Save
  2. Load Metadata in Lightroom
  3. Edit your key frames
  4. Load the folder into LRTimelapse
  5. Make your transitions
  6. Save your changes
  7. Go back to Lightroom, read the changed Metadata.

2nd pass
  1. Export the images with Lightroom into a new folder: Check "Add to this catalog", Check "Minimize embedded metadata", Export as JPG with maximum quality. Save that settings as "LRTimelapse 2nd pass" for next time use.
  2. Open the folder with the newly exported images in LRTimelapse
  3. Initialize
  4. Deflicker as usual
  5. Save
  6. In Lighroom: Load metadata
  7. Export time lapse video

Certainly you can use this Idea for a ACR based workflow as well.
Update: since Version 1.6 most of the previously unsupported RAW-types are supported via Exiftool. Check the announcement to learn more:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...aw-formats
I have tried timelapse with RAW's from my Pansaonic GH1 for the first time. Did see no images in LRTimeplapse ==> copied the Phil Harvey tool into the program folder ==> everything fine. THX!
That's how it's meant to be ;-)
Does it mean that with the exif tool installed i can deflicker straight my arw file or i need to export them in jpegs anyway??
You don't need to export jpgs anymore, just work on your ARW files.