LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Null Pointer Exception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

LRT 2.1.1 have worked well until recently, but today after a long interval, it terminates soon after showing the splash screen.

I tried to run LRTimelapse.jar from command line (like java -jar LRTimelapse.jar), but LRT 2.1.1 did not run complaining the following message:

Creating log-file at C:\Users\.....\AppData\Roaming\LRTimelapse\LRTimelapse.log
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at lrtimelapse.m.a(Unknown Source)
at lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp.main(Unknown Source)

The log file created was empty.

I tried following things, but they did not have an effect:
(1) Uninstall all of JRE and JDK and re-install JDK (1.7.0-09, 64bit, SE) and execute LRT 2.1.1 from start menu
(2) Run LRTimelapse.exe, LRTimelapse_largeMem.exe and LRTimelapse_1GB.exe from command line
(3) Run LRTimelapse.jar from command line
(4) Set "run as administrator" option of LRTimelase*.exe and execute each of them from command line
(5) Set "run as administrator" option of java.exe and run LRTimelapse.jar from command line

Do you have any idea?

My PC environment is:
Memory: 16 GB
This looks to be the same situation I'm having. I tried going back to version 2.1 with no luck. It could be failing when it's verifying the licence is my guess.

(2012-12-02, 06:15)naoky Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

LRT 2.1.1 have worked well until recently, but today after a long interval, it terminates soon after showing the splash screen.

I tried to run LRTimelapse.jar from command line (like java -jar LRTimelapse.jar), but LRT 2.1.1 did not run complaining the following message:

Creating log-file at C:\Users\.....\AppData\Roaming\LRTimelapse\LRTimelapse.log
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at lrtimelapse.m.a(Unknown Source)
at lrtimelapse.LRTimelapseApp.main(Unknown Source)

The log file created was empty.

I tried following things, but they did not have an effect:
(1) Uninstall all of JRE and JDK and re-install JDK (1.7.0-09, 64bit, SE) and execute LRT 2.1.1 from start menu
(2) Run LRTimelapse.exe, LRTimelapse_largeMem.exe and LRTimelapse_1GB.exe from command line
(3) Run LRTimelapse.jar from command line
(4) Set "run as administrator" option of LRTimelase*.exe and execute each of them from command line
(5) Set "run as administrator" option of java.exe and run LRTimelapse.jar from command line

Do you have any idea?

My PC environment is:
Memory: 16 GB
I am getting the same issue Sad
I have not used the software for a week or two, but the only thing I have knowingly installed between the last use and now is iTunes 11.
Is this a coincidence?
If you have not upgraded to iTunes 11 yet and LRTimelapse is working could someone confirm that it is OK afterwards - just a hunch Smile

There is a good explanation at the link below...
I have not programmed/scripted in Java (Mainly UNIX, Perl and a bit of C) it may just be a small bug in the launcher (introduced outside by Mac patch I would suspect) that has closed a loophole that can no longer be exploited and may need a patch release for LRTimelapse.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21838...-exception
Hey guys I'm running on two machines and just checked on the iTunes versions and I'm still on last version so that removes that issue. I'm putting my money on a licencing server issue.
(2012-12-02, 14:23)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys I'm running on two machines and just checked on the iTunes versions and I'm still on last version so that removes that issue. I'm putting my money on a licencing server issue.

When you say "last" version, is that the "latest" version - version 11?
Version 10 is the latest I have updated to

(2012-12-02, 14:27)Kevin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-02, 14:23)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys I'm running on two machines and just checked on the iTunes versions and I'm still on last version so that removes that issue. I'm putting my money on a licencing server issue.

When you say "last" version, is that the "latest" version - version 11?
OK - so if you are on version 10 and you have not got the issue, that kind of proves my question is still outstanding?

I have only noticed the issue since upgrading to 11, so I cannot see how you not having upgraded would prove iTunes was not potentially part of the issue.

Not saying it is, but if you upgrade to 11 and then get the issue, it might prove it is related...it could help prove it one way or the other (on Mac at least)?
Sorry guys I have iTunes 10 and I have the issue of program failing to start. I'm using Win 7 64bit with 32GB

(2012-12-02, 14:45)Kevin Wrote: [ -> ]OK - so if you are on version 10 and you have not got the issue, that kind of proves my question is still outstanding?

I have only noticed the issue since upgrading to 11, so I cannot see how you not having upgraded would prove iTunes was not potentially part of the issue.

Not saying it is, but if you upgrade to 11 and then get the issue, it might prove it is related...it could help prove it one way or the other (on Mac at least)?
Looks like others are having issues as well:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lr-t...on-t-start

Still on iTunes 10 Smile
Change the system date (OS) to before today and it works. Just got it working. Not the best solution but it works. Once the application has started you can change back the system time.
Pages: 1 2