LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Locked out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunter
Today both versions of my LRTimelapse has decided not to load. I've tried rolling back to version 2.1 with no luck. I updated Java. I uninstalled Java with clean version. I've rebooted many times. Nothing has changed to these computers so I'm not sure why this is occurring.
Help
Thanks
Stephen
Hello Stephen,

Looks like several people (including me) have had the same trouble in the last day. A temporary fix is to change the date on you PC back to a date before Dec 2. Run the program, and then change the date back while it is running. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

This worked for me - hope it works for you!

Gerald
(2012-12-03, 02:20)tassie Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Stephen,

Looks like several people (including me) have had the same trouble in the last day. A temporary fix is to change the date on you PC back to a date before Dec 2. Run the program, and then change the date back while it is running. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Gerald

As unlikely as it seemed when i read it, this worked for me! I was on 2.0.1 when it wouldn't open and the update to 2.1.1 didn't fix anything, only changing the date let me open it.
(2012-12-03, 14:22)remoteman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-03, 02:20)tassie Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Stephen,

Gerald

As unlikely as it seemed when i read it, this worked for me! I was on 2.0.1 when it wouldn't open and the update to 2.1.1 didn't fix anything, only changing the date let me open it.

I have the same problem as well. What are we meaning with changing the date?
I had the same problem. Unfortunately I uninstalled the program and tried to re install v 2.2.0 I am however unable to install it getting the message "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
Can anyone offer some advice?
Please try again with 2.2.1
Tried 2.2.1 but still unable to install the software, getting the same error messaage. Thinking it may be a Java problem, I've uninstalled and re-installed that but no joy. i also tried the recovery tool to a restore point pre 01/12/2012 without success. Any help you may offer would be really appreciated as I don't want to lose access to your fantastic program.
If the installer does not work this is not a java problem, it seems that something on your system might be corrupt.

You could try opening the install package manually and copy all files to a folder, to do that:

1) Install 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/
2) Unpack the msi file from the zip.
3) right click on the LRTimelapse.msi then 7-zip/open
4) Now you should see a bunch of files, copy them to a folder called LRTimelapse (you could put it into your program folder if you want) and launch via the LRTimelapse.exe - you should create a shortcut to this exe to your desktop.

Good luck!
Danke. It worked a treat.