LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Seeing lots of artifacts in LRtimelapse workflow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shot a test time lapse with my Canon 350D
Av mode at f/8, iso 200, WB daylight; interval 6 sec
Input RAW into LR using LRtimelapse import settings
Tweaked recovery, contrast, sharpness and saved metadata to file
Opened LRtimelapse and selected all, hit deflicker then linear and saved
Back in LR, read metadata and changed to slideshow
Used 24fps setting and exported as 1080p 24fps video

I saw a lot of blockiness/pixelation/compression artifacts in the resulting video. These did not show in the result of another video I did with a Canon 50D. On a whim, exported from LR as JPG and input to iStopMotion.

Here's a comparison. There is still that pixelation stuff in the sky on the istopmotion video but none in the grass/house on right as in the pure LR product.

http://eoren1.smugmug.com/gallery/183334...xq5gF-A-LB

Appreciate thoughts/advice as I would prefer to use the old 350D for time lapses while saving the 50D for stills
E
The default Lightroom 1080p video presets have a quite low bitrate. Use the HQ or better the UHQ (ultra high quality) presets. I provide them as download at http://lrtimelapse.com/download
(2011-08-07, 23:23)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]The default Lightroom 1080p video presets have a quite low bitrate. Use the HQ or better the UHQ (ultra high quality) presets. I provide them as download at http://lrtimelapse.com/download

Thank you! That was driving me crazy as I was convinced it was due to using my 350D. For some reason, those presets worked much better with the images from the 50D compared to the 350D. I wonder if it was because of the 2x difference in size (ie 15 vs 8 Megapixels)
Hi everyone,

i have the same probleme but the solution is not working for me.

i shoot with a 5dMark2 an HDR timelapse. so i produce some RAW and from Photomatix some jpg (15MB each). i use jpeg because LRtimelapse can't read TIFF. but when i use the preset 25img/s and 1080P TL25 UHQ, and still, i have some hardly artefacts and my video is 36MB. it should be "(20-30 MBps)"

when i look at the pics in lightroom i have a very good definition, but the video is not as good as it should be..

i used LRtimelapse in the process for light progressive retouch with the deflicker in the default mode. (maybe something around that)

did i missed something ? maybe i should get back to AfterEffect for a final render in high quality ; but i really enjoy LRtimelapse. i was happy to skip AE...

thanks by advance !
For some material the UHQ profiles are not sufficient to supress all kinds of artifacts - LR uses a H.264 codec.
I'm currently working on profiles with higher bitrate, give a bit more time to finish them, they perform much better. I'll let you know when they are finished.
Until then AfterEffects might be a solution for you.
thx for this answer,
about what kind of material you refering to ?
i'm working with strong material.
the test in hdr i've refering to is not the only one, i mad it wih raw also directly and still a movie around 30mb instead of 30mb/s..
i'll finalise the works with AE before your next update
but i also compress with H264 in AE and my video is HD with arround 300mb..
thanks for the great work and great support.
Hey,

i just saw that you finally put online the new template video with a good bitrate. i didn't know. and i also didn't know that it would not be free... i mad a donation allready ! if i knew that it will be to pay few weeks after...
Hi Sisso,
the donation to LRTimelapse has nothing to to with the templates. The templates are a whole different story.
If you have aftereffects, use it! No H.264 template will get the quality of an uncompressed avi out of after effects.
If you want to speed up your workflow, go for the templates. They provide good quality for a reasonable price.
It's your decision.
Best
Gunther
is it still limited to 16/9 format ?
That's a Lightroom restriction.
Pages: 1 2