LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: A Couple of Suggestions to Improve the HDR Workflow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther,

I have three suggestions that would enhance the HDR workflow.

1. The capability to use a single reference area and an animated reference area like you can when using the normal timelapse workflow. I don’t believe this is currently possible unless I missed something.
2. To use the slider below the thumbnail image to preview the sequence. I miss this feature as I used it all the time before using the purposed HDR workflow to make sure there wasn’t anything wrong with the sequence before I spent more time on it.
3. When the nth+m dialog box asks for the distance of n (the second time you perform this action) it would be great if LRTimelapse could remember the last number you entered instead of having to re-enter the number another 2-7 times depending on how many bracketed shots you have.

I definitely understand if you don’t have time to fulfill these requests!

Many thanks,
Rudolph
(2011-08-08, 04:23)Rudolph Wrote: [ -> ]1. The capability to use a single reference area and an animated reference area like you can when using the normal timelapse workflow. I don’t believe this is currently possible unless I missed something.
You should be able to use the reference area as usual. When animating it, it will not be constant for the m subsequent images, but I think that shouldn't matter if you don't over exaggerate the animation.

Quote:2. To use the slider below the thumbnail image to preview the sequence. I miss this feature as I used it all the time before using the purposed HDR workflow to make sure there wasn’t anything wrong with the sequence before I spent more time on it.
you can use the slider, but it will change your selection and the preview will flicker because of the changing exposures. For the moment I'm not sure how to change this but I made a note to myself to look into it.

Quote:3. When the nth+m dialog box asks for the distance of n (the second time you perform this action) it would be great if LRTimelapse could remember the last number you entered instead of having to re-enter the number another 2-7 times depending on how many bracketed shots you have.
Agree. I'm going to change this in the next version.

Quote:You should be able to use the reference area as usual. When animating it, it will not be constant for the m subsequent images, but I think that shouldn't matter if you don't over exaggerate the animation.

I think I understand what you mean. For creating one reference area, I would select the first image in the HDR sequence and draw a reference area box. Then turn on deflicker and adjust the sliders for the proper settings. That makes sense.

Thanks again.