LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Windows workflow issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello
am working through the tutorials and gaining some success except for some issues.
At the end of the work flow and recalling the metadata back in to lightroom, not all the adjustments are made to the images. An even spread between image 1 and the end image is not achieved until I develop paste settings back in to all the images. there is an obvious difference between image one and the rest of the images all the way until the last images which is as it should be. What am I missing?
Hard to say what is wrong in your case. Please check that all images of the sequence are in the LR Catalogue as well (syncrhonize in Lightroom). Then start over the whole process starting in LRTimelapse. Normally there are no issues populating the settings to Lightroom.
Ok let me expand further.
Raw files/canon 5dm11 sent through LRTimelapse, keyframes applied, metadata saved, move to lightroom, read metadata from files, develop keyframes (first and last frame only in this case), save metadata, back to LRTimelapse, follow deflicker procedure, back to lightroom and read metadata from files.
This is where a problem arises.
Not all the adjustments made to the keys frames are applied across all frames. All images are cropped but contrast and satuation remain unchanged?
Therefore the final rendered video does not retain the character of the adjusted keyframes.
Am i missing something simple here, because surely all the frames should be visibly altered.
Attached is a jpegs as an example. It may not be immediatly apparent as to the difference but it shows two raws files at the very end of the LRT/Lightroom road.
The left is 1st image in sequence with all raw adjustments applied in Lightroom , right is 2nd image in sequence with the metadata read from file. Rather than looking the same , they ( to my eye are noticeably different).

Anybody and ideas what I`m doing wrong or how to fix it?
Thanks
Hi James,
the only think I could think of is that you might have used any control that is not supported by LRTimelapse, normally all normal controls are supported but for example only the first two predefined gradients will be animated.
After initializing you'll get two "empty" gradients you must use. If you for example defined a "third" gradient and changed the look on that, it won't be populated.

Another set of controls that are not supported is the point-curve. Please use the parametric tonecurve instead. All other controls should be fine but this should help you to narrow down your problem.
(2013-01-02, 11:37)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to say what is wrong in your case. Please check that all images of the sequence are in the LR Catalogue as well (syncrhonize in Lightroom). Then start over the whole process starting in LRTimelapse. Normally there are no issues populating the settings to Lightroom.

Thanks for getting back to me Gunter, I`ve tried just about everything I can think of.
Have deleted all xmp files, reloaded and tried again and again, double checked all setting and still getting same result, ( see images attached to previous reply).

It seems to be primarily to do with the exposure settings and nothing else. As i said before the first and last frames( which are also the keyframes) are displaying all the changes achieved in Lightroom but all frames in between are missing the exposure changes, ie where i set the white/black points in curves.
I know from looking at the screen grab it`s a small change but surely thats the whole point of adjusting the keyframes and if it`s not carried across the whole selection of images , it`s rather pointless.

On the exposure , as i came from a stills background i use the black/white points in curves in lightroom, camera raw etc to adjust the exposure rather than creating an "s" bend for increased contrast. Could this be the problem?

Thanks
James
(2013-01-02, 11:57)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi James,
the only think I could think of is that you might have used any control that is not supported by LRTimelapse, normally all normal controls are supported but for example only the first two predefined gradients will be animated.
After initializing you'll get two "empty" gradients you must use. If you for example defined a "third" gradient and changed the look on that, it won't be populated.

Another set of controls that are not supported is the point-curve. Please use the parametric tonecurve instead. All other controls should be fine but this should help you to narrow down your problem.

Hi Gunter
sorry i think our emails are crossing over, but I think that is the problem - the point curve.
Will try again without it and let you know - many thanks
PS if you can fix it so point curve can be used......from a stills photographer point of vue it`s invaluable
Quote:PS if you can fix it so point curve can be used......from a stills photographer point of vue it`s invaluable
Sorry, I'm a still photographer as well and I never use it ;-)
- but that's not the reason. The point curve is just too flexible to animate it. Think about the first frame having a curve with 3 points defined and the last one with 5 points defined. It wouldn't be possible to animate that. It's the same reason why only the predefined gradients can be animated. Imagine the first keyframe having 2 gradients and the last 4 - that would be impossible to animate as well.
(2013-01-02, 13:41)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:PS if you can fix it so point curve can be used......from a stills photographer point of vue it`s invaluable
- but that's not the reason. The point curve is just too flexible to animate it. Think about the first frame having a curve with 3 points defined and the last one with 5 points defined. It wouldn't be possible to animate that. It's the same reason why only the predefined gradients can be animated. Imagine the first keyframe having 2 gradients and the last 4 - that would be impossible to animate as well.

Point taken, thanks again
(2013-01-02, 13:53)James Ross Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-02, 13:41)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]

Point taken, thanks again

Hi Gunter

have tried in vain to fix the issue above.
Have avoided the point curve and just used the parametric way but no success.
One question - what are the empty gardients as i think I may be using too many controls
Attached is a jpeg of what i`m getting as of my last attempt.
Yours in despair
JAmes
Maybe you are adding new gradients and using them? They won't be considered.
If you Load the metadata of a freshly initialized sequence into Lightroom and hit "M", youll see two predefineded ("empty") gradients - symbolized as dots in the image. Just click on each of them to modify it. Those two gradients will get animated. If you add more than those, they won't get animated and populated and might lead to effects like you are experiencing.

If you still can't figure it out please send me two of your images - the keyframed and the other, differently appearing image and I'll look into it. Send them to support at lrtimelapse dot com.
Pages: 1 2