LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Auto Transition Keyframes not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have just attempted a time-lapse "Holygrail". It turned out ok, but there are minor jumps that I notice and was wondering if it is because there is no keyframe in between each of my in and out points. Is this normal not to have key frames show up in between each of my in and out points if I change exposure manually during my shoot? I am attaching a picture of what I am talking about.

Thanks for any advice!
Hi, that looks very good - only the very last "jump" was too small and has not been identified, please set the HolyGrail keyframes manually there (with keys 2 and 3, left and right of the "jump"). Then just edit those last additional keyframes as you did with the others (no need to do everything else again).
(2013-01-06, 23:38)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, that looks very good - only the very last "jump" was too small and has not been identified, please set the HolyGrail keyframes manually there (with keys 2 and 3, left and right of the "jump"). Then just edit those last additional keyframes as you did with the others (no need to do everything else again).

Thanks for the useful instructions! I just made your recommended changes and I am now exporting the video. If you are ever in the San Francisco area please be sure to let me know!
(2013-01-06, 23:38)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, that looks very good - only the very last "jump" was too small and has not been identified, please set the HolyGrail keyframes manually there (with keys 2 and 3, left and right of the "jump"). Then just edit those last additional keyframes as you did with the others (no need to do everything else again).

After making the changes I am still having a little bit of jumping. I watched your tutorial and one thing that I noticed is that your tutorial has a keyframe (the blue diamonds) in between each of the orange triangle pairs. Mine does not have the keyframes (the blue diamonds) between each of the orange triangles. Is this the reason why I my time-lapse has minor flicker?
No, I don't think so. The keyframe wizard decides according to the span in brightness change between two HolyGrail keyframes if one or more intermediate keyframes are necessary or not.

If you use "Match total exposures" to match the HG-Keyframes, please note that this matching is not always perfect. Sometimes you have to fine tune manually (start with the exposure slider). Most of the times it's only a small tick to correct and get it matched. If you however have blown highlights in one or the other frame, you never will get a perfect result in that blown area because aufter the exposure change the highlights will be there and before not. It helps to rather underexpose such sequences a bit when shooting.

I hope I could help.
(2013-01-10, 12:51)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]No, I don't think so. The keyframe wizard decides according to the span in brightness change between two HolyGrail keyframes if one or more intermediate keyframes are necessary or not.

If you use "Match total exposures" to match the HG-Keyframes, please note that this matching is not always perfect. Sometimes you have to fine tune manually (start with the exposure slider). Most of the times it's only a small tick to correct and get it matched. If you however have blown highlights in one or the other frame, you never will get a perfect result in that blown area because aufter the exposure change the highlights will be there and before not. It helps to rather underexpose such sequences a bit when shooting.

I hope I could help.

You have been a huge help! My issues are minor and I think some manual tweaks will go a long way. Thanks for all you do.