LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Adobe CS5 workflow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

Long time time lapse enthusiast, but relatively new to trying time lapses with my DSLR. I've been shooting a Nikon D70 since they first came out, but upgraded to the D7000 over the winter and have been researching time lapse workflows and techniques.

I found out about LRTimelapse two days ago, and after reading through the site and watching your videos, I thought I would give it a try, even though I don't have or use Lightroom.

I'm currently running Adobe Photoshop CS5 and it obviously works great for individual images, but I've spent the past six or seven hours trying to compile my first DSLR time lapse using CS5 and LRTimelapse but have yet to have any success.

Basically, my work flow is as follows:

I took a series of photos using my D7000 and the normal kit lens with circular polarizer. 300 images to product a 10 second test clip.

1 - I open Adobe Bridge CS5 and navigate to the folder wher my NEF files are copied, and then select all the NEF RAW images.
2 - I open all files using Adobe Camera Raw.
3 - I select the first image, and make all needed changes to White Balance, Exposure, etc.
4 - I then click on Syncronize in order to apply the developement changes to the remaining 299 images. This appears to create associated .xmp files for the NEF metadata. At least that what it looks like to me. (Note: I can't find any specific setting in ACR that saying anything about specifically saving Metadata for the NEF files or JPEG either)
4b - I have tried taking the optional step of Saving the images at JPEG at this point into a /test subfolder.

I then open LRTimelapse, navigate to the proper directory where my NEF files with .xmp files are located. LRT takes a few minutes to process the images.

1 - I select the first image, and then select all of the remaining images.
2 - I create the box outline for exposure settings. (note: There seems to be a fairly stronge exposure deviation in my images. I can upload the first test video to YouTube for anyone to reference if you wish)
3 - Click on Deflicker, and follow the instructions for your video. I set Deflicker strength at 14, and Smoothing to just above 40.
4 - I click save and Exit.

At this point, I got back into Adobe Bridge, and open all the NEF's in Camera RAW again (I think this is where I may be going wrong). I select all images, and then save to JPEG (usually in a different folders than the first set of JPEG's I created.)

The only thing I can do at this point is to just open Adobe Photoshop, Open, and then select the first JPEG and open with Image Squence Checked. Then I export to 1080p HDTV video. It takes about 15-20 minutes to process the movie, but when I view the movie, there is still a LOT of flicker. Also, when I process a movie prior to using LRTimelapse, there seems to be little or no difference.

So, according to what I've posted thus far, do you see anything I'm doing wrong? I can't think of anything else to try, and I've already made about six or seven test videos with the same results. I can't seem to think of anything I'm missing, unless there is some difference between Lightroom and Photoshop that I'm missing.

All help is appreciated! Thanks for reading.
I´m having the exact same problem as you. Its been driving me mad. Tried so many times now without any results.