LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Newbie here - pointing for night timelapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Glad I found this place, beautiful videos in here. I have a silly question - I am new to timelapse, I just bought a 7D. I will be camping in Northern California a few days - is it better to point the camera toward the North Star or toward East?

just curious what answers this might get. Also I plan on using a battery grip with 6 AA batteries - does anyone know how long batteries may last, I won't be able to recharge batteries in the woods.

Thanks
(2011-08-15, 08:49)seaside90245 Wrote: [ -> ]Glad I found this place, beautiful videos in here. I have a silly question - I am new to timelapse, I just bought a 7D. I will be camping in Northern California a few days - is it better to point the camera toward the North Star or toward East?

just curious what answers this might get. Also I plan on using a battery grip with 6 AA batteries - does anyone know how long batteries may last, I won't be able to recharge batteries in the woods.

Thanks

the best way for me to find the right position on the nightsky is to use this tool.

Stellarium

batteries:

don't use the aa battery pack. especially not when shooting at night. you will go better with a battery grip and 2 fully charged original canon batteries.