LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Day to Night Timelapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quite a good result! I've no Idea, why it jiggles - maybe you could check if the crop in Lightroom is constant? Just to exclude that reason synchronize only the crop of the first image to all other images in Lightroom and export again...
We have two ideas about the jittering atm:

1. It was possibly introduced during processing.

or

2. It was because I was dumb and left the image stabalisation on during shooting.

The sudden flairing of the sun is somewhat more of a problem. I have tried altering the images but essentially the change from for example 2000th of a second to 1000th of a second changes the way the sun appears even though we altered the exposure etc to make the sky, clouds and water look the same.
(2011-08-20, 01:06)ChrisLong Wrote: [ -> ]2. It was because I left the image stabalisation on during shooting.

Oh - that sounds like a possible reason that would lead to effects like this.
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this timelapse deal, and have managed one or two that I'm happy with, and am now trying out the holy grail.

One thing I've noticed which is evident in the timelapse you linked here (which is awesome by the way, and I don't mean to criticize at all), is when the sun is in the shot, it's "bloom" pulses when an exposure adjustment was made.

Does this occur because highlights clipped at the time of exposure? Or is there another reason that this occurs?

Any advice would be great!

(2011-08-19, 12:13)ChrisLong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-18, 22:33)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bit of work, but manageable. Use the workflow I demonstrated in the "holy grail" tutorial.

I'm not sure why it jiggles about like it does... it was on a very steady tripod and wasn't too windy so I'm guessing I've introduced that during my post processing somehow, and the sun flares a couple of times on its way to setting which is quite hard to fix. It may just be a case of fiddling more in PS.

Again I welcome and comments and pointers.

Thanks

Chris.
Yes this is clipping.
You can avoid it by underexposing more and making smaller steps (1/3, 1/2 or 2/3 stops) when changing exposure time/iso while the sun is visible.
(2013-12-29, 12:57)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Yes this is clipping.
You can avoid it by underexposing more and making smaller steps (1/3, 1/2 or 2/3 stops) when changing exposure time/iso while the sun is visible.

Thanks Gunter! Will do my best to avoid it.
Pages: 1 2