LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Can't Deflicker This For Some Reasom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This should be a fairly simple deflicker, no?

https://vimeo.com/57871544

I have tried multiple times -- with different sizes of references areas in the blue sky ... to increasing the AVE SMOOTH slider.

I cannot remove images frames in the sequence as it will screw up the cloud movement.

Would clicking on CONSTANT heklp? It certainly straightens out the green line.

Thanks!
This looks like it has not been deflickered or you did something wrong.
Set the reference area to the top blue sky, where no clouds pass and try again.

Please post a screenshot of your preview window here after doing this and applying deflicker.
the screenshot you sent me via EMail looks very good an I'm not seeing why it shouldn't deflicker.

Just to make sure: you know that you won't directly see the deflicker in action in the LRTimelapse preview - you have to save the sequence, go to Lightroom, load metadata for all files and then export the video.

You don't need to delete the xmp files before trying again, just initialize in LRTImelapse this will set your sequence to back to default values.

One reason for a bad deflickering behaviour could be if you have heavy activated heavy in camera editing - like contrast, dynamic range, dynamic contrast, saturation etc... because all that settings affect the preview embedded in the raw files - and that preview is used as basis for deflickering. If the previews are "off" because of that in camera processing, deflicker results will be worse.

One thing you could try in those situations is using the two pass approach for deflickering:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...t=two+pass

I recommend you make sure next time you shoot with the aperture open or otherwise locked (twisted lens, manual lens) to prevent flicker when shooting.
Would you recommend the Canon 40mm pancake for use as a twisted lens?
Do primes work better then telephoto for twisting?
Normally it does not matter which lens you use...
(2013-01-22, 19:43)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Normally it does not matter which lens you use...

Just purchased a Nikkon 50mm 2.0 fro KEH with a fotodiox adapter. Since this is completely manual, I should I have no aperture flicker.

Is there an optimum fstop, as I have read that Dustin Ferrell avoids wide open stops... Or now that I am on manual, does it not matter?

Thx