LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Existing LR edits before initial import into LRTL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure this question is in the forum already somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I have a lot of adjustments that I have made in Lightroom to my image sequence, and I don't want to lose them when I import the photos into LRTL. In the instructions, after initializing and saving my project in LRTL, I then need to read the Metadata back into my sequence in LR, which will get rid of my edits. How do I start my project without losing my initial edits?

And a second problem is that when I first load my images into LRTL, my edits don't seem to be showing up, for example, cropping, etc.

I am using LRTL 2.3 beta 2 on a Mac with LR 4. And I am a new user.
Thanks!
Hi, the whole workflow with LRTimelapse relies on initializing the sequences first in LRTimelapse and following the workflow exactly to get consistent results. This means that you edit your images after initializing in LRTimelapse.

However, you could try to copy the settings of your first image to the clipboard (Ctrl-Shift-C) before reading the metadata from LRTimelapse into Lightroom. Then read the metadata for ALL files, filter for your keyframes ans paste the settings to the first keyframe. Than work from left to right as usually. This should preserve your old edits. However I can't guarantee that no inconsistencies will occur. In that case I recommend editing the keyframes again. Normally this is the recommended way and not so much work because in 99% of all cases your sequence will have the same edits for all images before starting with LRTimelapse.
Thanks for your response. I'll remember next time to start the LRTL process before doing any editing on my images in LR.