LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Lightroom star rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all. Workflow is my weakest point so i may be posting many stupid questions here....

I am up to this step in the workflow-

"Set a filter to only show images with one or more stars (click on the left of the 5 stars on the top right of the lower filmstrip in Lightroom)"

but when i click a star it says no filters match the filter. I have tried all filters from camera info to unrated.... am i missing something?

By setting keyframes to my raw files in LR timelapse, when i open and select raw files in lightroom the keyframes are already there?

Thanks
Hi, first check that you have keyframes in LRTimelapse (the blue squares in the preview and on the left sde of the table).
Then save the Sequence, and in LRTimelapse make sure you are in Grid-Mode (Hit "G"), select all (Ctrl-A) and then Read the metadata from Files (Metadata->Read Metadata from files).
Now the first of your images should have a one star rating, if everything worked out.
If this is the case you can apply the filter so that only the starred images will be shown.
(2013-02-17, 11:42)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, first check that you have keyframes in LRTimelapse (the blue squares in the preview and on the left sde of the table).
Then save the Sequence, and in LRTimelapse make sure you are in Grid-Mode (Hit "G"), select all (Ctrl-A) and then Read the metadata from Files (Metadata->Read Metadata from files).
Now the first of your images should have a one star rating, if everything worked out.
If this is the case you can apply the filter so that only the starred images will be shown.

Hi, thanks. I thought I did everything you mentioned but obviously not. I definitely applied key frames but I think I must of not saved properly. I'll go back to the start and let you know how I go..

Thanks again
When you click save after Pressing Keyframes wizard is it meant to do anything? I press it and nothing happens.

In lightroom after following steps there are no star ratings.

I downloaded EXIF tool but i haven't done anything with the program. Would this have something to do with it?
I still can't figure it out and i understand it's impossible for you to help me because it seems like a simple task, but once saved and opened in lightroom and read metadata i have nothing when i select star greater or equal to 1.. i've tried everything... I have a friend who will take a look at it soon for me or i think i'll have to stick with the little bramper to do my day to night transitions

Thanks
Owen
Normally you don't need to install exiftool separately on windows. If the user interface of LRT shows "Exiftool" under the version number, everything is alright.

You still didn't ansewer my question if any metadata is travelling from LRTimelapse to Lightroom.
After initializing your sequence in LRTimelapse, set a keyframe manually to the first image (blue indicator on the left of the table). Additionally you can set the Exposure manually to 1 for the first image (double click on the Exposure Cell for the first image). Save.
In Lightroom do as I wrote above, load the metadata for the first image. Does it have a star? Does the exposure is "1" ?
(2013-02-19, 20:13)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Normally you don't need to install exiftool separately on windows. If the user interface of LRT shows "Exiftool" under the version number, everything is alright.

You still didn't ansewer my question if any metadata is travelling from LRTimelapse to Lightroom.
After initializing your sequence in LRTimelapse, set a keyframe manually to the first image (blue indicator on the left of the table). Additionally you can set the Exposure manually to 1 for the first image (double click on the Exposure Cell for the first image). Save.
In Lightroom do as I wrote above, load the metadata for the first image. Does it have a star? Does the exposure is "1" ?

Ok sorry, i don't think the meta data is travelling over to lightroom... i won't waste anymore of your time until my friend takes a look for me.. hopefully he finds a fix and hopefully it's not me being too stupid Smile

Thanks mate, your online support is the best i've seen. I wish you well with it all.

Owen
We had a case in the past where Lightroom just refused to read the metadata of images (Canon CR2), that had a time stamp (date) in the future. Can you check that?

You might as well send me one of your images than I would check it it works.
Hi,

im dealing with the same problem here, after i set the keyframes and read data from file, i select the one star option but i still see all of my photos in lightroom grid mode.
Only my first photo has got one star,
what am i doing wrong here?

thanks!
ok i found it, i just had to enable the filters first in lightroom,
that was basically it 8)
Pages: 1 2